What's new

Verizon iPhone 5 - trim LTE micro-sim to nano-sim?

jntdroid

Reaction score
I'm 99% sure I know the answer to this, but I'm too anal to let it go until I'm 100%.

I have a Verizon LTE micro-sim. I've read all over how you can trim a micro to a nano sim and it'll work fine - but it seems those are all on other carriers where the metal portion, or the connections, are equal sizes on all sim cards. On Verizon, it looks like the metal is a different size between the micro and nano. It looks like it could still be possible, but the very far edge of the metal portion might have to be trimmed.

So I guess I'm trying to see if anybody else has had success doing this, #1. And #2, I'm assuming but have to ask... I'm assuming that any sort of disconnect in the metal, even at the most extreme edge, would likely render the sim useless...

TIA

if your scared to trim the sim yourself thier are tools that will do it for you
hxxp://www.ebay.com/itm/Micro-SIM-Cutter-Trimmer-Use-with-iPhone-3G-4-4S-iPad-2-Adapters-/290839906098?pt=UK_Photography_MemoryCardReaders_RL&hash=item43b768c732

Yeah they will. I was in a situation where I couldn't swap devices any more until my bill cycled. When you switch between an iPhone and an Android device, each time you're switching plans from their perspective, b/c the iPhone has free visual voicemail. I had an S3 and an iPhone 5 and was using both of them off and on over the last month, but eventually Verizon says "no more plan changes!", so you literally can't do a thing on your account until your bill cycles.

I need to just find a micro/nano sim adapter online. Would make life much easier :)

Yeah they will. I was in a situation where I couldn't swap devices any more until my bill cycled. When you switch between an iPhone and an Android device, each time you're switching plans from their perspective, b/c the iPhone has free visual voicemail. I had an S3 and an iPhone 5 and was using both of them off and on over the last month, but eventually Verizon says "no more plan changes!", so you literally can't do a thing on your account until your bill cycles.

I need to just find a micro/nano sim adapter online. Would make life much easier :)
I'd offer you a simpler solution. Just get a nano SIM for your account, once and done - no cutting necessary. Then order a Nano to Micro adaptor. Then switch between phones at will. I just transferred my number to a Nano SIM so I could go back and forth between my new iP5 and my Jailbroken 4S. Works flawlessly.

I'd offer you a simpler solution. Just get a nano SIM for your account, once and done - no cutting necessary. Then order a Nano to Micro adaptor. Then switch between phones at will. I just transferred my number to a Nano SIM so I could go back and forth between my new iP5 and my Jailbroken 4S. Works flawlessly.

Sorry if I wasn't clear, but that's basically what I was implying in the last line. That would definitely make life easier! That, or stopping the phone swapping... ;)