What's new

Verizon 4s Mobile Hotspot

numberbatov9

Reaction score
I am currently with Verizon, and got locked into the unlimited data plan before they discontinued it. I am considering turning on the mobile hotspot feature. Will they still add an extra charge onto my bill to activate this feature, or would it be included in the unlimited plan I was lucky enough to get before it disappeared?

When I researched this subject in June 2011, the cost was $20 a month with a 2GB allotment. You may turn it on and off as you wish but it does require you to call VZW to activate and deactivate the service. Partial months are allowed and are prorated. This charge and data usage is independent of any other plan you have for the phone.

I highly recommend you call VZW to get the most current rates and data allotment before proceeding. You may dial *611 from your iPhone to speak to a representative and this call will be airtime free.

Thanks for the replies. I'm not anywhere near as knowledgeable with service as I am with hardware.

Anyways, not worth it imo.

Skull One said:
When I researched this subject in June 2011, the cost was $20 a month with a 2GB allotment. You may turn it on and off as you wish but it does require you to call VZW to activate and deactivate the service. Partial months are allowed and are prorated. This charge and data usage is independent of any other plan you have for the phone.

I highly recommend you call VZW to get the most current rates and data allotment before proceeding. You may dial *611 from your iPhone to speak to a representative and this call will be airtime free.

You don't have to call Verizon at all. You can add the feature via the Verizon App.

Sent from my iP4 while staring at the Pizza Bo

You don't have to call Verizon at all. You can add the feature via the Verizon App.

Sent from my iP4 while staring at the Pizza Bo

I am very glad to learn that the iPhone app is better than the Android App :)

My daughter was using a Droid X when she wanted to link her laptop during a vacation. It was a pain to have to make two phone calls to use the feature.

Skull One said:
I am very glad to learn that the iPhone app is better than the Android App :)

My daughter was using a Droid X when she wanted to link her laptop during a vacation. It was a pain to have to make two phone calls to use the feature.

Lol..it was nice I have but I didnt really need it. But if you activate and deactivate it will charge you $20 every time.

إيكرانك...المسطرة

My "hotspot" feature just scrolls, as if there is no way of turning it on? Does that mean I would have to get it activated first?