What's new

Verizon 4S and sim card

nmhuntr

Reaction score
I understand the 4S has a sim card port so it can be used internationaly. Has anyone used this overseas with a sim card from a local provider such as vodafone?

Thanks
Greg

nmhuntr said:
I understand the 4S has a sim card port so it can be used internationaly. Has anyone used this overseas with a sim card from a local provider such as vodafone?

Thanks
Greg

You're saying overseas AND locally... what's local & overseas to you? (I'm on my phone and can't see your location... sorry)

You're saying overseas AND locally... what's local & overseas to you? (I'm on my phone and can't see your location... sorry)

My mistake. I am in the US and would use it overseas. I know there are companies such as Vodafone that sell Sim cards to get onto thier network. I know some people have cut the sim card down and used them in AT&T iphones I am just not sure on the Verizon iphone if it would work.

Sorry for the confusion

No problem.. thanks for clearing it up. Yes, you can use the sim slot on your Verizon 4S for use w/ GSM carriers abroad. You'll need to contact Verizon, though... to see if you're eligible to have your sim slot unlocked for use.

I see that they allow only one unlock every 10 months? How long will it stay unlocked each time?

As far as I know, the unlock can be like a visa (for a certain period of time like only the 2 weeks you're away or whatever), or it can be a perm factory unlock. One costs more than the other. I'm pretty sure that the Verizon temp unlock is something like 5$ each time or even free depending on your contract and Verizon customer status.