What's new

Using the iPhone with T-Mobile...

kdryan

Reaction score
Ok, so my wife bought me an iPad2 for Christmas and after playing with it, I thought I might like an iPhone as well. Since I have T-Mobile, this presents a problem. I have seen where other people have used iPhones on T-Mobile, so I picked up a used iPhone 3g for $60 with the intention of trying it out. I found a slew of videos showing people just putting a sim card in and making it work, providing it was a 3g card. They would buy a cheap Wal-Mart phone and use the car out of that. Unfortunately, I can't find anything 3g anywhere, just 4g.

So can anyone advise me on how to do this properly and where I might find a phone at? Keep in mind, I am a noob at this and not very experienced in thing like jailbreaking and such...

All you need for your iPhone to work is the iPhone and of course it has to be unlocked in order for it to work with tmobile, and your tmobile sim which in your case you have the iPhone 3G you can just put it regular tmobile sim in if it's unlocked already it should automatically work but if not you would have to jailbreak it to get it unlocked

Google "iPhone 3G unlock Redmondpie".

Redmondpie always has good unlock and jailbreak tutorials.