What's new

USB cables, headphones with mic

joeblow9104

Reaction score
Hello everyone!!

Fortunately for me, I got a great price on my iPhone - since it was refurb... (4S)

UN-fortunately, it didn't come with any accessories... and I've found it almost impossible to get any good cables (unless I buy them from apple.com which costs a small fortune). Since both my wife and I have iPhones we'd ideally have a set of headphones (with mic and volume buttons of course) and charging cables each. To buy all that from apple.com would cost something like $80??
I ended up experimenting with some cheap cables... so far I've been through 3 sets of headphones - all broke within a few months... and four charging cables. Some broke immediately, others took a little time...
When I look around ebay and amazon all I see is people selling "genuine" cables that have horrific, horrible, and terrible reviews saying the cables broke, over-heated, or spontaneously combusted immediately upon arrival. :)
So now, dear friends, what do I do? I still don't want to buy from apple b/c it's just too much money, but I can't deal with cheap junk anymore. Are there any alternatives??
thanks for your time.

Buy the new iPhone 5 headphones. These are by far the best headphones for $30. You will not find a good pair of headphones with the features that will last any amount of time. The apple headphones are worth the $30 and sound and quality is amazing. Ok, with that being said the charge/sync cable. I agree I did find really nice charge/sync cables at Walgreens for $8. They work well seem to be as same quality as apples. I use one in the car one at home and one at the office. Never had a problem with any of them. The have a charged there to that is 1amp for $10 and I use it at the office with 0 problems as well. Hope this helps and good luck in your search.

Hello everyone!!
To buy all that from apple.com would cost something like $80??
I ended up experimenting with some cheap cables... so far I've been through 3 sets of headphones - all broke within a few months... and four charging cables. Some broke immediately, others took a little time...
When I look around ebay and amazon all I see is people selling "genuine" cables that have horrific, horrible, and terrible reviews saying the cables broke, over-heated, or spontaneously combusted immediately upon arrival. :)
So now, dear friends, what do I do? I still don't want to buy from apple b/c it's just too much money, but I can't deal with cheap junk anymore. Are there any alternatives??
thanks for your time.
So how much have you spent on 3 sets of headphones and 4 cables?
Things that are cheap are so for a reason

I give a big thumbs up to the headsets. Absolutely astounding. Wish I could use them in my car but my state doesn't allow plugs on both ears. They also come with a microphone and an answer switch.

I am using iPhone 4 black version, according my using experiences, buying a genius cable or charger and anything is not worthing. A simple charger and data cable, China manufactures can produce with a low price, but without fake price, some China Apple accessories manufactories provide OEM service for brand accessories seller. Pisen is a good choice for brand, which can provide similiar quality and needn't cost much.I recommend Icharger, its product, designed as iPhone charger, with data cable, is a nice choice for you. And headphone, that is too easy, original headphone can provide you good tone quality? In my eyes, it is . So a general one is enough, you an check out this headphone with mic. If you want to cost more, buying a AKG is better.
Moderation notice: please refrain from using bad language. This is a family forum. Please read the forum rules!

Last edited by a moderator: