What's new

URGENT: restore iphone after jaikbreak

cariechr

Reaction score
So I jailbreak ny iPhone 4 running Ios 5.1.1 a couple months or so and I loved it. But for my birthday I got a new phone and so I planned to sell my iPhone to a friend. Well I went through the process of restoring the phone by going into iTunes and restoring the device to a previous back up. And when it loaded cydia and all of my apps were still there even though all the content on my phone is from months ago. So I tried every single back up on my computer and all of them are the same. So then I put my phone unto DFU like some things online had said, and restored the device to factory defaults. But rather than the device actually restoring, I get an error message after iTunes downloads the software. I'm at wits end and I don't know what to do. I honestly just want to restore it to factory defaults so the phone is like brand new so I can sell it off to my friend. But I've tried every guide on the internet, and I'm not super tech savvy so I wouldn't necessarily know what to do on my own. So can someone help me?

I keep getting error 1602. But I've disabled ny antivirus when downloading it. It also said that it could be the cable, but this cable is brand new and I've tried other USB ports and still nothing.