What's new

Ups, IPhone 4s problem!

MissFox

Reaction score
Hello dear members,

it's me again :p

Well, this time i have a new problem.

So, i accidentally erased my phone with Find my Phone app, in case of stealing it .. i just didn't knew it will erase it right away.
So, now i cannot return it to 6.1.2 firmware :/ I tried all, removing the host number, adding it, all but still it 1.2cannot be returned to Ios 6.1.2.

any suggestions how can i return it 6.1.2 cause i don't wanna loose jailbreak and restore it to 6.1.3

I get error 3194, all the time and i cannot get rid of it.

Looking forward to your answers, thank you!

You have an iPhone 4S, right? If that is the case, then I'm afraid you cannot restore any other iOS on than iOS 6.1.3. Sorry.

Marilyn

Yes, 4s. May i ask why i cannot restore to any other IOS then 6.1.3?

http://www.iphoneforums.net/forum/iphone-jailbreaking-17/can-i-downgrade-re-restore-my-iphone-x-xs-ios-x-x-x-y-y-y-56320/

Why can I downgrade/re-restore/selectively restore with some devices/iOS and not others?

• The reason you can downgrade/re-restore/selectively restore with certain or specific device, iOS or device-iOS combination is because of exploits/vulnerabilities with that iOS, device or specific device-iOS combination. Let's break this down even further
  1. Pre-A5 devices (iPad 1, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPod Touch 1st-4th Generation): Pre-A5 refers to the on-board chipset on the device. Pre-A5 devices are susceptible to an exploit called LimeRa1n. LimeRa1n is a bootrom exploit that is ONLY present in pre-A5 devices. This allows users to put their device into Pwned DFU mode, which is necessary when restoring to a custom iOS or restoring using a custom IPSW. LimeRa1n susceptible devices can be downgraded or re-restored AS YOU PLEASE. As I've repeated time and time again above, SHSH BLOBS MUST BE PRESENT AND VALID unless you're using the iLEX R.A.T. method when re-restoring
  2. A5+ devices (iPad 2, iPad 3, iPad 4, iPad Mini, iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPod Touch 5th Generation): These devices are NOT susceptible to the LimeRa1n exploit. These devices cannot be downgraded or re-restored WITH OR WITHOUT SHSH BLOBS. PERIOD.

Last edited:
Got it.

Just restored it to 6.1.3. Thanks for informations, you are golden :)

Greetings!