What's new

Upgrading to 6.1.3 from 6.0.1

Software

Reaction score
Hello guys,

I'm wondering if anyone has any advice for me preserving the fact that my baseband is (6.15.00) and iTunes is not letting me upgrade to 6.1.3. Has it got anything to do with me bypassing the activation screen by deleting it? If asked, I will go into further detail :p

Many thanks,
Software

Jailbreaking using RedSn0w hacktivates the 3GS. To upgrade your device to 6.1.3, you need to preserve your baseband or first downgrade the baseband before upgrading the iOS. The 06.15.00 baseband is not recognized by Apple as a 3GS baseband because the iOS 6.1.3 baseband for the 3GS is only 05.18, and the iPad baseband is 06.15, which is significantly higher. You can't downgrade your baseband with iTunes therefore you'll get error messages.

I had the same type of errors with iOS 4.1 while upgrading to 6.0.1 as my baseband was 6.15.00 and back then, I used Redsn0w to downgrade my baseband back to the original. Do you think this wouild work?

Many thanks,
Software

If you're on the new bootrom, either ways, you'll have to preserve the baseband, either on 06.15.00 or 05.13.08 since you can't reflash the baseband once you've upgraded your iOS. If you're on an old bootrom, then you can downgrade and upgrade again.