What's new

Upgrade to iPhone 5 32gb or Samsung gs4

Dan2142

Reaction score
Hi I'm looking to upgrade my phone this week and I'm looking for some advice I'm stuck about what to do, I don't know if to get a galaxy s4 and try that or stick with iPhone and get a 5 I have a iPhone 4 at the min,

Any one got any info plz

Help would be much appreciated

Thanks Dan

Hi Dan,

It depends on what's your looking for from your phone. The iPhone 5 is smaller and more portable that the Samsung galaxy s4, it's lighter and in my opinion looks much better than the galaxy. You also will be familiar with the IOS and its reliable.

Not gonna lie. You're gonna get a biased opinion in an iPhone Forum, but I'll try my best to assist you.

I myself, upgraded from an iPhone 4 to a Galaxy S4 at the beginning of this month. Yes, an Admin at a iPhoneForums.net gave the S4 a shot. Well, it took me 3 days to swap the S4 in for a shiny new iPhone 5. Why? I've bought into the iOS and OS X ecosystem and I missed how flawless everything worked together.

Don't get me wrong, the S4 is an awesome device, I just love iCloud, AirPlay, and some other things I missed.

The apps I purchased would've had to have been repurchased again, and that's only if one of the android app stores carried them.

I'm happy with my decision and I can tell my iP5 will give me years of faithful service, as my iP4 did. :)

Hope that helps.

Thanks for the replys and I think I'm going to get the iPhone 5 with 32gb, think it is a better phone not as much lag or glitches and looks a whole lot better

Maybe you should wait a couple of months for the iPhone 5S, if the switch isn't urgent.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2.

I have a Galaxy S4, HTC One, and iPhone 5 at the moment.

I think the iPhone 5 and HTC One are pretty evenly matched, all things considered.

The one thing that really makes me dislike my S4 is the lag. Even with all of the special features turned off, the Touchwiz interface just stutters too much for me. The HTC One doesn't lag at all.

If you decide to go the iPhone route, I definitely recommend waiting two or three months for the 5S. If you choose Android, definitely take a look at the HTC One, if it's available on your carrier. Verizon will be getting it pretty soon.

Sent from my MB886 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
I'm not really bothered about waiting for the 5s, what would the differences be between the 5 & 5s except for more powerful processor and better camera ?

You may want to try out the keyboard on the GS4 first. The keyboard that come with the phone doesn't have auto correct like my 4S. I made a lot of typing mistakes in the beginning when I swooped to note 2. After a month, I just decided I'm too familiar with iOS to change so I swooped back to 4S. Waiting now for 5S to come out to decide whether to change to that or hold on for 6

I've played around with a 4S and Own a iPhone 5... And I'm going to say even as a person that used Android for years that I much rather have iOS just for the reasons some of the others have stated... The lag of android and glitches the system has is a no go for me anymore... So I think your making an excellent choice with the iPhone...

Sent from my iPad 3 using iPF.net

Yea I love it, it's awesome just got to get a case and some apps on it lol

Yea not sure which to get because its the black and slate one which looks good