What's new

Upgrade to iPad baseband 06.15.00

brvaland

Reaction score
Hi All,

I need to unlock my iPhone 3GS (5.0.1) currently locked with AT&T. My sister has upgraded her contract and got iPhone 4S and she left her old 3GS with me but it is locked. Is it possible to get it unlock from Carrier (AT&T - USA) with a charge?

Other option for me is to upgrade to iPad baseband, so can someone guide me on how to upgrade. I have done a bit of research and found that they is old and new bootrom. How can I know which one I am on? My serial number start as this XK948XXXXNP. Does this mean anything ?

I know there are some risk factors for new bootrom But correct if i am wrong.

Any help will be highly appreciated?

Both old and new bootrom 3Gs can be upgraded to the iPad baseband, but newer 3Gs manufactured after a certain date in 2011 cannot be upgraded. Redsn0w will tell you if your device is compatible with the iPad baseband or not.

The risk factors also apply to both old and new bootroms and they are: High chance of disabling GPS permanently, permanently voided warranty, no way to downgrade baseband, must restore custom firmware from now on.

Thanks for your reply.

I was searching online on how go about unlock iphone 3GS and came cross few tutorial and I am slightly confused as some mentioning of downgrading to iOS 4.1 IPSW or iOS 5.0 IPSW and other iOS 5.0.1 IPSW.

iOS 5.0.1 IPSW
How To Unlock iPhone 3Gs 5.0.1 for Tmobile – 5.16.05 to 6.15.00 Redsn0w 0.9.10b5 | EverythingApplePro

iOS 5.0 IPSW
How To Unlock iPhone 3Gs 5.0 & Fix No Service – 5.16.05 to 6.15.00 | EverythingApplePro

iOS 4.1 IPSW
Jailbreak and Unlock iPhone 3GS Running on iOS 5 Baseband 5.16.05 | BeijingiPhoneRepair.com

custom iOS 5.0.1 (already hacktivated, jailbroken):
Jailbreak Unlock iPhone 3GS iOS 5.0.1 with Sn0wbreeze Custom Firmware | iPhoneJailbreak.me

Can someone please guide me as which tutorial to follow?

Thanks

Downgrading your firmware will not downgrade your baseband. Now that you are on 5.0.1, you are stuck on the latest baseband and there is nothing you can do to downgrade it. The ONLY option for you to unlock is to update to the iPad baseband(if your phone supports it).