What's new

Updating to ios7

rdub

Reaction score
What steps would I have to take to update to ios7? I'm currently jailbroken on 5.1.1 with no backup other than iCloud.

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net

Extract the important data or upload them to iCloud. DFU restore to 7.0. Do not restore from an iTunes backup that you've made while device was jailbroken

Sent via my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I'm curious. Why would you not want to restore from an iTunes backup made while jailbroken?

I'm curious. Why would you not want to restore from an iTunes backup made while jailbroken?

Depending on what kinds of tweaks you have installed, most of its data will be carried over to your iTunes backup as they're integrated with your system settings and/or application data, both of which are transferred over during a backup of the device. Once you've restored to a stock iOS, you no longer have the tweaks on your device, meaning the settings and such will constantly try to find the correct directory or just execute the code constantly despite the lack of the inlet/outlet that you have when the device was jailbroken.

Depending on what kinds of tweaks you have installed, most of its data will be carried over to your iTunes backup as they're integrated with your system settings and/or application data, both of which are transferred over during a backup of the device. Once you've restored to a stock iOS, you no longer have the tweaks on your device, meaning the settings and such will constantly try to find the correct directory or just execute the code constantly despite the lack of the inlet/outlet that you have when the device was jailbroken.

Hmmm. That makes sense. That might explain my safe mode issue I'm currently having with my iphone4. Still doesn't explain why my ipad is acting up. I jailbroke it when it was brand new straight out of the box.