What's new

Updated 3GS 32GB, now I have a BIG problem!!!!

jazzedman

Reaction score
I have the iphone 3GS 32GB, I updated to the new software yesterday. Used it all day and into the evening, plugged it in to charge, and this morning it was sluggish, then became unresponsive and now it has the loading symbol and wont do anything, can't even shut it off for a restart! Any idea's?

yeah do a hard reset, and if you have that issue again in no time, then factory restore your iphone again.

Thanks guys, will try the "hard reset" tonight! Maybe the thing ran out of battery and when I charge it up and turn it back on it will work correctly!!! LOL! Not sure what a jailbreak is, give me a heads up and I'll try it if nothing else works! Thanks again!

jailbreaking involves rooting your iPhone. is that more familiar? :D
it represents becoming owner and administrator of the iOS, from that point fwd you can do whatever you want with it. if, after the iOS 5.0.1 restore, you haven't heard of redsn0w or sn0wbreeze or pwnagetool, you don't have a jailbreak.

please let us know how it went with the reset.

When I got home last night, the phone had powered down due to lack of battery. As soon as I plugged it in to charge, it came right up. Let it charge all night and when I pulled it off this morning, it was right as rain!!! Thanks for the help. I don't think I have jailbreak, as I haven't heard of the 3 terms you described.