What's new

unusaul app update problem

chrisjames105

Reaction score
So in my settings under itunes store and updates section, the apple id is set as my apple id. When I download apps, it works fine but Im trying to do an update for the first time since buying the phone from my brother and its prompting me for the password for HIS apple id?! It doesnt have an option to change the id on that prompt screen and like I said, the settings are for my apple id... So weird please help.

So in my settings under itunes store and updates section, the apple id is set as my apple id. When I download apps, it works fine but Im trying to do an update for the first time since buying the phone from my brother and its prompting me for the password for HIS apple id?! It doesnt have an option to change the id on that prompt screen and like I said, the settings are for my apple id... So weird please help.
I ran into that issue myself when I updated to iOS 7 after I had recently changed my Apple ID. I had failed to change my ID for FaceTime. So be sure everything in your settings is changed to the new ID. Everything in your settings that shows your Apple ID (email address) will have to be updated to your ID. Hope that helps.

I ran into that issue myself when I updated to iOS 7 after I had recently changed my Apple ID. I had failed to change my ID for FaceTime. So be sure everything in your settings is changed to the new ID. Everything in your settings that shows your Apple ID (email address) will have to be updated to your ID. Hope that helps.

hmmm I did just that and went through everything in the settings and changed it to my apple id but its still doing it...

Your brother has to log out of his account on the phone first. What iOS is on the phone?

im on the newest ios 7 or whatever it is. i already logged him out when i first took the phone

And you turned off "Find my iPHone first"? If not, he is going to have to log back in and turn it off and then log back out. So, he also didn't reset the phone either?