What's new

Unlocking the mysteries of iPhone usage

RexAnderson

Reaction score
Hello one and all. I have an iPhone 4S and my carrier is O2. It's running on OS 6.1.3 which it tells me is the most up-to-date. I have a couple of minor problems that I'm pretty certain are down to something silly in a hidden setting somewhere. Let's deal with them one at a time.

The first is that, when I am using the phone (I know! These things are really for playing games, checking Facebook, sending texts etc. But I'm a bit old fashioned)... when I am using the phone, if I summon a number from my address book, clicking on it takes me to text messaging. To make the call I have to copy and paste the number into the phone app.

What do I need to turn on or off so that I can click on a number and it will dial it?

Hi, welcome to iPhoneForums. I'm Jon.

Please take some time to peruse the IPF Rules: iPhoneForums.net Forum Rules - Please Read and Respect our Rules

Here are some guides that may suit your needs.

Forum Report Post System Tutorial (Please Read)

iPhone Tips & Tricks

What is jailbreaking?

Thinking of Jailbreaking but are not sure

Understanding and Utilizing RedSn0w

Can I Jailbreak my iPhone on this iOS/Jailbreak Status Thread

My particular field of expertise is iOS Jailbreaking and Unlocking.

Not sure why you would have to copy and paste it to your dialer. If you have the number in your contacts, simply tapping the name in your address book will make the call. If you tap on the little arrow however, that'll bring you to a more detailed page. If you don't have the contact in your address book, but is present in your Recents tab, tapping it it will make the call automatically. Again, if you tap on the little arrow, it'll bring you a more detailed page and allows you to choose options like text, Facetime, Skype, etc etc.

I'm not sure either willerz2. I should have said that this is an intermittent problem. Or rather a problem that I have now solved while I was writing this. Apparently it is possible for phone numbers to be copied to the email address slot in the address book. When that happens, tapping the phone number will bring up email (not text though they look much the same and the iPhone never tells you what app you are using)

Problem solved. Thanks everyone for helping me concentrate my mind.