What's new

Unlocking but not Jailbreaking, How?

Toontje

Reaction score
Hi all!

I have an old iPhone 2G which has been unlocked and jailbroken for years now.
Now i NEED an application installed and the app tells me it cannot be installed on jailbroken iPhones. So what i need is to restore to some original .ipsw so the phone is not jailbroken anymore.
But what i DO need is the phone to be unlocked because i'm using a non-standard SIM.

I cannot find any tutorial anywhere which describes how to UNLOCK the phone WITHOUT jailbreaking it.

Does anybody have any links to any tutorials out there that describe this?

Thanks in advance,

Ton.

ah the iphone 2g from 2007 you would use redsn0w to unlock it... check www.iclarified.com

only newer devices cant be unlocked with out jailbreak.. the 2g is an ancient iphone that all you need is redsn0w :)

Last edited:
only newer devices cant be unlocked with out jailbreak.. the 2g is an ancient iphone that all you need is redsn0w :)

I used redsn0w and only selected Unlock. No other options. And still EMM is complaining that my phone is a jailbroken one.

Another one responded that you cannot unlock without jailbreak. Is that true? Because if it is it will save me a lot of time figuring this out.

I used redsn0w and only selected Unlock. No other options. And still EMM is complaining that my phone is a jailbroken one.

Another one responded that you cannot unlock without jailbreak. Is that true? Because if it is it will save me a lot of time figuring this out.

for the iphone of 2007 thats not true but other iphones it is true that you need to jailbreak first to unlock...

so then you jailbroke.. just restore then use redsn0w

I selected these options: add a [ img ] and the phone got jailbroken.
What options do i need to select to have it unlocked but not jailbroken?
Can ANY iPhone 2 be unlocked without being jailbroken?

Sorry for being such a d*mbass.

Ton.

Last edited by a moderator:
yes any iphone 2g can be Unlocked with out being jailbroken.. in fact Ultrasn0w does not support the iphone 2g so you have the choice.. either unlocked and jailbreak or just unlock

So the options i am selecting in the screenshot, are they correct? I will try again.

yes it does but only if you select it to do so

wow i forgot all about Iliberty +

Ok, so treat me like an idiot, because it's really important to me. Tell me which checkboxes to click. You've seen the screenshot. I ONLY select Unlock in Redsn0w and still the phone is seen as jailbroken.
Ah, and yes, i DO do a restore to an original firmware first.

Ton.

Ok, so treat me like an idiot, because it's really important to me. Tell me which checkboxes to click. You've seen the screenshot. I ONLY select Unlock in Redsn0w and still the phone is seen as jailbroken.

Ton.

USe Iliberty the tutorial you showed me looks good, did you try it?

Ton.

USe Iliberty the tutorial you showed me looks good, did you try it?

Phone get's not recognized (yet).