What's new

Unlocked Iphone not working with mutiple SIM cards....New since iSO6

Max22079

Reaction score
I have a problem since the newupdate iSO 6.0. I bought an UNLOCKEDIphone FULL Price without a contract so that when I travel I could usemultiple SIM cards in my iphone.

Well since the new update ofiSO 6.0 I can no longer be able to do this at an Airport or where ever I amswitching my SIM card back and forth in order to save money on roaming charges.

I spoke to an Apple Tech and She suggested I insert the SIM card and connect the phone to iTunes to try tore-activate the phone using the particular

SIM card I wanted to use. Well unless I haveWiFi which I can connect to and have my computer with me to connect to myitunes account then this works.

My problem is I bought anunlocked iPhone to be able to connect to various networks of my choice as Itravel internationally and feel it is unfair now after I paid so much money for an unlocked phone; that I am NO longer able to switch SIM cards which used to workbefore until this update od iSO 6.0??

Any ideas on how I can fix this problem product without having someone having to gothru Re-Activation of the phone using Wi-Fi which one may not necessarily havewhile travelling?

Since your iPhone is factory unlocked it should not have any problems. Try backing up all data and restoring it if you want. It sounds like an app or bad plist in your iPhone is messing it up.

Did you upgrade your iPhone to iOS 6 OTA or using iTunes? Because OTA does have that problem spotting up every so often.