What's new

Unlocked IPhone 4s

walterdavid

Reaction score
I have an ATT IPhone 4s that kept when I bought a new IPhone 6. I am in the process of unlocking the 4s. I sent an email to ATT and received an unlock number. I followed the directions and backed up the 4s to I tunes and the restored it back to the 4s. How do I know if the phone is unlocked. I will be going to China in a few weeks and already have the China Unicom sim chip. I looked at my settings and it said my carrier is ATT 20.0. Does that mean my phone is not unlocked? Help! Dave.

I have an ATT IPhone 4s that kept when I bought a new IPhone 6. I am in the process of unlocking the 4s. I sent an email to ATT and received an unlock number. I followed the directions and backed up the 4s to I tunes and the restored it back to the 4s. How do I know if the phone is unlocked. I will be going to China in a few weeks and already have the China Unicom sim chip. I looked at my settings and it said my carrier is ATT 20.0. Does that mean my phone is not unlocked? Help! Dave.
Try using another SIM card in the iPhone 4s. If the phone works, it's unlocked.

By another SIM, he means NOT an ATT SIM. Straight Talk, Cricket, ect, ect, not Verizon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk