What's new

unlocked iphone 3gs

superway

Reaction score
Hi,

I am a newbee. I have an iphone 3gs, version is 5.1.1 and modem firmware is 05.16.05.
Please show me how to unlock and jailbreak this phone before using Tmobile.

Thanks in advance.

superway said:
Hi,

I am a newbee. I have an iphone 3gs, version is 5.1.1 and modem firmware is 05.16.05.
Please show me how to unlock and jailbreak this phone before using Tmobile.

Thanks in advance.

Welcome!! I order to determine wether or not your 3GS can be unlocked... we'll need the 3rd, 4th, & 5th digits of your serial #. This is to determine if it's build date is compatible w/ the iPad Baseband (Modem Firmware."

Thanks Thomasjtsi. The serial number as you requested _ _ 050

Can be unlocked or jailbreak first? Please show me..

Thanks again

Thanks Thomasjtsi. The serial number as you requested _ _ 050. Can be unlocked or jailbreak first? Please show me..
Well superway... you're good to go w/ installing the iPad Baseband. Since your serial # is xx050xxxxx... it means your iPhone was manufactured in the 50th week of 2010. To install the iPad Baseband (6.15.00) you'll need to use the latest version of redsn0w... download it here... Dev-Team Blog. When performing the JB you'll need to check the option for installing the iPad Baseband. The good thing, now, w/ the 3G and 3GS'... once you've installed the iPad BB you can "Downgrade" from that to the 5.13.04 BB. :) I know it seems like a lot to absorb... let us know what you think and any more questions you have.

Thanks for your information. I looked into Dev-Team-Blog site, there are 3 different file of redsn0w... I don't know which one I will download.
Do I need to connect my iphone to PC to perform downloading?
Do I need to download Cydia?

Thanks

When you download redsn0w... you'll need to get the most recent. 0.9.14b... I do believe is current. Then you choose it for PC or Mac. You won't need to have you iPhone connected during this step. I have a couple how-to links... are you using a PC or Mac?

Thomasjtsi,

I have a couple question.
1. During installation, it asks "uncheck Cydia if you already have it installed ". My phone doesn't have Cydia yet, so do I need to check it for
installation ? and also check " downgrade from ipad baseband".

2. If downgarding the firmware, is iphone no more warranty from Apple ?

Thanks for help

You will need to check to Install Cydia as well as checking the iPad Baseband. Doing this will void your warranty yes. Not a problem w/ your iDevice though since it's almost 3 years old. :)

Dear Thomasjtsi,

I got it. I installed Cydia and unlocked my iphone the baseband now 06.15.00. Then I inserted my Tmobile SIm card and it worked my phone calls. But I turn off the power and then turn back on, it doesn't recognize my Tmobile, it appears NO SERVICE. I then moved my SIM card to my wife's Iphone, it is recognize Tmobile. I put SIM card back to my recent unlocked phone, it doesn't.

Please help me this issue.

Thanks for your time

After unlocking iphone 3gs, why the baseband is 06.15.00? why not 05.13.04.
Everytime reset power, NO SERVICE is shown.
Please help

Thanks

Dear Thomasjtsi,I got it. I installed Cydia and unlocked my iphone the baseband now 06.15.00. Then I inserted my Tmobile SIm card and it worked my phone calls. But I turn off the power and then turn back on, it doesn't recognize my Tmobile, it appears NO SERVICE. I then moved my SIM card to my wife's Iphone, it is recognize Tmobile. I put SIM card back to my recent unlocked phone, it doesn't.
Go ahead and run redsn0w again... and choose the Downgrade Baseband option this time. This will downgrade your 6.15.00 BB to 5.13.04. It'll allow your 3GS to regain aspects that the 6.15.00 BB lacks.

Thomasjtsi said:
Go ahead and run redsn0w again... and choose the Downgrade Baseband option this time. This will downgrade your 6.15.00 BB to 5.13.04. It'll allow your 3GS to regain aspects that the 6.15.00 BB lacks.
You also need to go into Cydia and install ultrasn0w.. Should work after that..

I got downgrading the baseband now is 05.13.04 and reinstall ultrasn0w from Cydia, then reinserted my Tmobile SIM card. It is still NO SERVICE
I am very frustrating this issue.

Please help

Thanks for all helps

I am still needing any help from anyone.

After I used redsn0w_win_0.9.14b and iphone2,1_5.1.1_9 B206_Restore to downgrade my baseband to 05.13.04, I then inserted my Tmobile SIM card, but my iphone always appeared NO SERVICE. I tried reinstall redsn0wan reboot jailbreak 3 times already, but it is still NO SERVICE. So this redsn0w version doesn't work for my iphone.

Do I need to use redsn0w versions lower than 0.9.14b above in order to get my phone in to SERVICE

Any help that would be great.

Thanks