What's new

unlocked 3gs on Tmobile now

Peckyboyz

Reaction score
ok bought att 3gs from uncle , att unlocked it.. i am now curious if i can install Siri in it now or not..i know phone is suppose to be jailbroken, but can i jailbreak a phone that has been factory unlocked without screwing anything up ? i jb it before but was unable to unlock the phone...but i did have siri on it then when i was just messing around with the breaks...but for factory unlock had to do restore in itunes .. so lost cydia and siri and stuff... any help is appreciated... thanks

Please refrain from duplicate posting the same problem/question as it results in fragmented or multiple answers/replies and would be considered spam.

If something wasn't made for the device, then it doesn't belong there. 99% of Siriport users bricked their devices because they think that 1, it's cool to have Siri on a non-A5+ device or supported device, 2, they don't know how to maintain it, and 3, they don't know how to remove or debug it, particularly backing up the original system files. Carrier unlocks do not require a restore. Generally a simple reboot will do. If all comes to hell, simply use RedSn0w to deactivate your device, then re-activate it and your unlock will take effect assuming it went through on their end.