What's new

Unlocked 3gs Location Services

MBlite

Reaction score
Hey all this is my first post here. I have a 3gs, redsn0w, with the old boot rom running on tmobile. Every time an app uses my location services my phone goes into searching, than no service until i manually turn off location services. Any ideas?

Another issue is how can i get 3G to work? Edge is just....just horrible.

Thanks in advance everyone!

Last edited:
Do you have the iPad baseband installed? Check settings>general>about>modem firmware. If its 06.15.00, its the ipad bb

Oh wow it is >< what would be the easiest way to fix this, or would i have to start all over?? (a friend gave this phone to me in its current setup)

MBlite said:
Oh wow it is >< what would be the easiest way to fix this, or would i have to start all over?? (a friend gave this phone to me in its current setup)

Redsn0w has a new baseband downgrade that lets iPhone 3gs go to a new unlockable baseband and fix gps and location services. Go to the dev team blog and downgrade your phone

Awesome! Thanks for your help and fast replies ^^

Ok, got the bb downgraded (thank you again! It solved the location services issue) but im having some issues with safari and apple's mail app. They keep crashing as soon as i open them. Ive tried closing all tasks in the multitask and doing a respring then reboot with no results. Any ideas?

Everything but those two apps work fine

Youre the best! All is well with the 3gs now. Thank you ^^

Iv Got the same problem..
My iPhone 3Gs is running on iOS 4.2.1.. I'd like to downgrade my baseband and at the same time update to 5.1.1
Question is, in red snow, I have to download an Ipsw, do I need to download my current one or the new one (5.1.1)?