What's new

unlocked 3g stuck in 'headphone mode'

aquaman

Reaction score
I didn't drop water on the phone, so I changed the proximity sensor ribbon. That helped sensing proximity (before the screen wouldn't turn off when I was on the phone). I was worried that I may have damaged the earpiece thing so I ordered and changed that.. Still only speakerphone/headphones work. I also using compressed air and anything else that seemed to work for other people.

So I don't think I can take this 'back to apple.' The phone was gifted to me after my friend upgraded and I played around with it. Can I change the headphone jack and would that help? I like the phone but I'm frustrated and lacking direction.

aquaman said:
I didn't drop water on the phone, so I changed the proximity sensor ribbon. That helped sensing proximity (before the screen wouldn't turn off when I was on the phone). I was worried that I may have damaged the earpiece thing so I ordered and changed that.. Still only speakerphone/headphones work. I also using compressed air and anything else that seemed to work for other people.

So I don't think I can take this 'back to apple.' The phone was gifted to me after my friend upgraded and I played around with it. Can I change the headphone jack and would that help? I like the phone but I'm frustrated and lacking direction.

It's possible to change it but I dont know if it will help...

lol, thanks. can you tell me what might work