What's new

Unlock Verizon iphone 4

Brinaq

Reaction score
What is the easiest way?
I'm very new to the unlocking stuff and I need a beginner's guide! :p thanks

For us newbies on this subject, is this a "can not" or a "will not" situation for CDMA iPhones?

It's both. CDMA is a completely different technology than GSM, you cannot use a CDMA iPhone4 on a GSM network or vice versa, it would be like trying to play a Blu-Ray disc in a DVD player.

It's both. CDMA is a completely different technology than GSM, you cannot use a CDMA iPhone4 on a GSM network or vice versa, it would be like trying to play a Blu-Ray disc in a DVD player.

Aware of the carrier specification for CDMA and GSM being different. Also aware that the iPhone 4 had two different models so it made it impossible.

I was more curious about the iPhone 4S, sorry for not being more clear that was my bad. Since it does have the dual protocol chip, if a Verizon iPhone, bought from them, has the GSM SIM locked, is it truly locked forever or can it be unlocked at a future time if Verizon wanted?

Aware of the carrier specification for CDMA and GSM being different. Also aware that the iPhone 4 had two different models so it made it impossible.

I was more curious about the iPhone 4S, sorry for not being more clear that was my bad. Since it does have the dual protocol chip, if a Verizon iPhone, bought from them, has the GSM SIM locked, is it truly locked forever or can it be unlocked at a future time if Verizon wanted?

Currently the only way to unlock a CDMA 4S(with compatible baseband) is with the Gevey Ultra S SIM interposer, a carrier will only unlock an iPhone for international use. Although I myself have never tried it and have heard mixed reports, but the Gevey Ultra S definitely will work on 4S that are locked to GSM providers.

I have an iPhone 4 NOT a 4S

Even if you buy an unlocked phone from Apple it will not work on CDMA networks. Like what was said, unlocking a CDMA phone is just for international use.

Ohhhh.
Well I wasn't seriously looking into it, just wondering. I have an iPhone 1 that's unlocked...

hey hi every one I have an Iphone 4 AT&T Brand I Wana know that how to unlock it ANY ONE HELP ME PLZ....