What's new

Unknown number !! Driving me mad ..

Ljohno43

Reaction score
I keep getting calls from unknown number. All the time . Anybody got any ideas how to stop this ? Thanks

You can block this number, Click on the exclamation mark to the right of the number and scroll down to Block this Caller.

Just now !! I seen something on line ... Activate Anonymous Call Rejection... Press *#77# to turns it on and *#87# turns it off ... Wondering if this service costs any money . I've tried it . It blocks unknown numbers.. You don't get anything for free ..

image.jpg

I was getting these too. The problem with these unknown number calls is that there is no number shown and no way to block them. I tried to block them but there is no block option once you press the exclamation character. I talked with Verizon and they could only recommend that I ignore the call.

I haven't ever been pestered with these kinds of calls on my iPhone so I didn't realise the block feature wouldn't work.
It would be good to know more about this Call Rejection service, Does it work on any network? Is it free? ect .

Itt was working *#77# . But now its not .I phoned my phone company up . They said " when you get a unknown number ,ring them up straight after. When you have reported it 3 times , they can block the number even if it's a unknown number .

Itt was working *#77# . But now its not .I phoned my phone company up . They said " when you get a unknown number ,ring them up straight after. When you have reported it 3 times , they can block the number even if it's a unknown number .
I guess it will depend on the network you are with, This might not be the case for all networks.

Vodaphone !! I ring vodaphone up straight after I've had a unknown caller ... I do this 3 times ... Then when I've reported it 3 times they will block it ... They said there technical department can do this...

Vodaphone !! I ring vodaphone up straight after I've had a unknown caller ... I do this 3 times ... Then when I've reported it 3 times they will block it ... They said there technical department can do this...
Yes I know your network is Vodaphone so thank you for the info on that, What I meant was that it might not be the same for other networks.
It would be good to know if other networks have the same or similar resolutions for this problem so members please post if you find other solutions.

My question is, why are carriers allowing calls that do not show a number? These types of calls should be blocked at the carrier level before they ever reach the device. It would reduce the amount of time the carrier has to spend on this particular issue.

My question is, why are carriers allowing calls that do not show a number? These types of calls should be blocked at the carrier level before they ever reach the device. It would reduce the amount of time the carrier has to spend on this particular issue.
Maybe because they charge a fee to the users to stop their numbers from showing up on call displays. There's a financial incentive for them to carry on as they currently are.