What's new

Unable to Change Text Sound?

splittingeve

Reaction score
Relatively new to the iphone here. I understand how to change ringtones, text sounds, set them for individual people, etc.

What I need, and am beginning to think isn't possible, is to change the sound used when *already in* a text message. That is, each time the person sends another line of text, it makes the lo pitched slide whistle sound.

I need this changed. For what ever reason I find that nearly impossible to hear, which I require because I'm not constantly staring at the screen while texting, and am missing many texts because of it. I find no option to change this sound anywhere.

Any help? Thanks!

You can change the alert sound for a new Message under Sounds in Settings.

Hmm. Thanks, and I see that I can change the text sound for when the screen is inactive. I don't see how to change the sound for when your currently in a text session, with screen active - the sound it makes every time a text is sent when you're currently in a session. These are two different sounds. That sound doesn't appear to be editable?

I always close the current conversation and minimize iMessage if I have a semi-active conversation going on so I hear the full new message tone. It may help