What's new

Unable to call iPhone 5 from 4s

simoods

Reaction score
This might sound a little strange, I passed my old iPhone 4S onto the misses and upgraded to the 5. My 5 works with no problems, but the 4s is unable to call my 5. It can call anything else, landlines, other mobiles, business,etc. it makes texts to my phone with no problem. Anyone got any ideas on how to solve this problem?? Any feedback would be much appreciated.

Take it to the nearest phone carrier (of your phone's plan) in your area and have them check out connectivity. That's all I can think of now for quick resolution....

This might sound a little strange, I passed my old iPhone 4S onto the misses and upgraded to the 5. My 5 works with no problems, but the 4s is unable to call my 5. It can call anything else, landlines, other mobiles, business,etc. it makes texts to my phone with no problem. Anyone got any ideas on how to solve this problem?? Any feedback would be much appreciated.

Going to guess you are on a CDMA based carrier (probably Verizon or Sprint). One of the steps needed to move the phone over to a new number hasn't been completed properly at the cellular providers end. You will need to call your provider and have them complete that step before it will work properly. Basically right now when the 4S calls the 5, the cell towers think it is calling itself because of the bad ID information that is present.