What's new

Ultrasn0w claims ios 5 download

dtrim87

Reaction score
on ultrasn0ws website there's links to download the new iTunes and the new operating system. Look legit to anyone?

what site are you looking at? does not sound at all legit to me.. the new operating system? as in the beta ios 5? if so then it is not legit at all because the devs would never share a beta ios, but if it is 4.3.5 it could be legit because the people who make the tutorial show you where to download the files you need

I would've posted the link but since this is my second thread it wouldn't let me. That's what I thought too, too good to be true but it says it's the new iTunes 10.5 beta and has a link for whichever device you have's ipsw too. I would've investigated further last night but it takes about 2 hours to to download. And if it's not legit and screws my phone up I'm seriously screwed but its on ultrasn0w's website, just google iOS 5 download and it's like the first or second link. ?????

It is an actual copy of iOS 5 b7
Trust me.

NO i didn't download it, but just trust me

I would've posted the link but since this is my second thread it wouldn't let me. That's what I thought too, too good to be true but it says it's the new iTunes 10.5 beta and has a link for whichever device you have's ipsw too. I would've investigated further last night but it takes about 2 hours to to download. And if it's not legit and screws my phone up I'm seriously screwed but its on ultrasn0w's website, just google iOS 5 download and it's like the first or second link. ?????

since its the new beta it is not a legit site and has nothing to do with the devs,

we do not post links to any beta apps from apple as they are for developers only and if you are a dev then you know where to find it on the apple website so none of them links please.

this website is not an official legit site so I would stay clear of it, stick to the official sites.

Dev-Team Blog - Ultra's Now!

or tutorials with links you can trust: iClarified - Apple News and Tutorials

also just to note if you download a beta firmware and try install it with out being a developer or added to a devs list it will render your phone useless and you will have to waste time restoring over again to go back to 4.3.5 and ultrasn0w wont work with 4.3.5 and that baseband so your phone will also be locked since it seems that you rely on ultrasn0w for unlock?

Last edited:
No no I'm definitely not stuck on ultrasn0w for unlock. I actually hadn't heard about ultra as spouses to redsnow until a couple days ago.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ultrasn0w doesn't have a website, the website you are talking about is not a trustworthy website, they are only using the name ultrasn0w to gain credibility they do not actually have anything to do with ultrasn0w. Ultrasn0w is created by the iPhone-Dev team so they just post about it on their blog when there are updates.

Although their method of installing the iOS5 beta will work, I wouldn't recommend installing the beta unless you are a developer. And definitely do not think of the "ultrasn0w website" as a reliable source of information.

There will be no posting of methods of how to install ios 5 with out a dev account..ty

Did you see that whole post before it got "moderated" lol sorry btw I'm new to this forum but thanks for the advice unleashed.

So how does dev team get a developers version anyway? They just do jailbreaks right? And apple isn't really down with jailbreaks, so what's the deal?

Who do you recommend for all unlocking needs?

Unleashed what's the Ty stand for?

And "unleashed" are you telling me not to post what I posted before???

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you iCrank for clearing that up for him :)

So how does dev team get a developers version anyway? They just do jailbreaks right? And apple isn't really down with jailbreaks, so what's the deal?

Who do you recommend for all unlocking needs?

They sign up to be a developer on the apple website just like every one else does, they do jailbreaks and also apps for Cydia some of them need the SDK as they might even make apps for the app store as well..

for unlock I would recommend ultrasn0w but it only works with 01.59 and you are better off just getting one sim free if you can

Last edited: