What's new

UK carriers to offer 4G (LTE) soon

Gregoris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
4g2.jpg

so the uk carriers are getting together to be able to offer LTE speeds in the uk and this is said to give many jobs and help the economy grow, o2 will partner up with Vodafone while t-mobile,orange and threeUK will combine forces and offer us such speeds that have been available in most countries for some time already..

This could also mean that LTE will be ready for the next iphone that could be released october time, We already know ios 6 is coming so a new iphone device cant be too far away..

Carriers have to pay a lot of money for this to happen and no one carrier can do it alone even though they will still sell separately and nothing will really change about the companies. UK regulators have even delayed some carriers from releasing so other competitors have a chance to catch up.. but how long will this delay go on for? If you believe the news then hopefully some time in the next 5-6 months

The current iPhone5 will support LTE from Orange + Tmobile now called "Everything Everywhere or EE" O2 and Vodafone users may have to wait until the iPhone5s is released until they can enjoy LTE...

Prices have been announced. £36 per month for 500Mb data.

yep... plans have been listed here, UK's 4G Mobile Network | Fibre Broadband | EE .. BUT you can get sim only plans and with all of them you get unlimited calls and texts as well as £36 a month for 5GB if you get a sim only plan.

Also dont forget EE wont be the only carrier to offer LTE.. I remember when ukonline where the first to offer 8meg internet and I swapped from NTL - back then to ukonline and it was a huge mistake as they dont even provide services no more so I wont be so quick to jump to a LTE contract just because they have it first, if they dont offer pay as you go options I will stick with threeuk until they offer it and also o2

Just spoke to "3" today and they advised that they are upgrading they're 3G signals on all they're masts to compete with the new 4G .
Was advised that it'll be just as fast!!!