What's new

Two accesoires don't go together! Torn!

mgsquared

Reaction score
Hi everyone! I'm new to these forums (well, new to mac products in general). I am a new iphone user (in Europe so I don't know whether it's a verizon or AT&T size..) and being the butterfingers clumsy person that I am I chose the Belkin Shield Fusion for iphone case.

It's pretty good! The grippiness has stopped it from slipping out of my hands on numerous occasions.
Well, I really wanted one of those docks so I can play internet radio and music at work and I bought the JBL On Stage IIIP Portable Speaker Dock.

So here is my problem: The speakers don't connect with the iphone if it's in the case. Only works if I take the case off(which, I shouldn't do often as my apple fanboy boyfriend tells me).

Is there any way to make this work without having to use the headphone connection? That would be pretty pointless. I wanted my iphone standing where I can see it, easily switch, easily grab it, etc.
At the same time. I need a really good protective case.

Does anyone know of a solution? I'm willing to switch covers if there's one that would work with the docker yet still klutz protect my phone..

My dad is traveling to North America in two weeks so if it's something that can only be bought there, I could arrange that.

Thank you so much in advance for all answers! I really appreciate it!

Slider Case for iPhone 4 : Products By Incase

This is the Incase slider case. It is a 2 piece case that slides the phone in from the bottom. This is the case that I recommend to people who regularly use a dock. You can simply pull off the bottom half and stick the phone in the dock and when you are done, slide the bottom half back on.

This would be the best solutoin for you. Your father can buy this while in America at any Best Buy or Verizon Wireless store. These may also be available at the Apple store. It is a pretty common and mainstream brand of cases. The case runs $34.99 in America making it one of the most expensive cases other than the Otterbox or battery packs.

Downside to this case, is that most screen protectors do not work since it fits so tight and will pinch the screen protector.

Here is a picture of the white iPhone 4 Slider case with the halves separated so you can get the idea.

5108852040_40a248cbaf_o.jpg