What's new

[Twitter Client] Twilst for Twitter Lists and Searches, with Tweet Tagging

voxlet

Reaction score
Hi all, I'd like to introduce my new iPhone Twitter client, Twilst!

Twilst on the App Store
itmss:// Link for chrome

Read Lists, and Search. Fast.

Twilst is a Twitter client focused on lists and saved searches, offering single tap access to both from the home screen. If you use Twitter to gather information more than to chat with friends, Twilst is your app.

Twilst also strives to be as lightweight and fast as possible, I test regularly on a iOS 5.1 iPhone 3GS with 3G networking to ensure this.

No Social Fluff

When you just want to read up on your interests on Twitter, social aspects like the Home Timeline, DMs and mentions tend to get in the way. Twilst drops all of these in favor of simple tab-less navigation. Think Zen-mode for Twitter.

I went as far as categorizing Twilst in "Productivity" rather than "Social Networking" to emphasize this! There are some requests for mention tracking though, and if the demand is great enough I'll put it in. Let me know what you think!

Tweet Tagging

When reading up on your favorite topic, chances are you'll want to keep track of a notable Tweet. Twilst has built-in Tweet Tagging for this purpose, and allows tagging of any Tweet with arbitrary keywords. Twilst tags are completely private, so your interests are hidden from public eyes. Tagged Tweets also get saved locally, so no worries of them getting lost somehow in Twitter space, and offline viewing is also possible in a pinch!

Plans are in place for Dropbox and/or Evernote backups and syncing of tagged Tweets in a future version!

Instant Searching and Multiple Trends

A Twitter Search can be initiated from just about every view in Twilst, from the search button placed in the upper right corner of the screen. The search interface also lists Trends, for which multiple locations can be enabled simultaneously with the built-in Trend manager, along with your created tags.

And More...

• Multiple account support
• Include yourself in your lists
• Tweet and User filtering
• Inline image expansion for supported services
• Full landscape orientation support
• Swipe to navigate back and forth between views
• Long press back button to pop to Home screen

If you're tired of sifting through page after page to get your Twitter lists, give Twilst a test! Twilst is currently an ad-supported free download, but the upcoming version 1.1 will provide a premium Add-on to remove ads.

Twilst on the App Store
itmss:// Link for chrome

I really look forward to hearing back what you think about Twilst, every feedback will help me make it better! Please do post your thoughts and questions to this thread and I'll do my best to answer them.

Kind Regards,

Masaru Itoh / Masmor Apps
Twilst Developer

Last edited:
While we welcome the announcement of your new app, we only allow direct links to the app in the AppStore and/or a YouTube link to show app operation.

Sorry about that, and thanks for bringing this to my attention. I've cleaned up the post to reflect your policies.