What's new

Twice as Many Apple Devices Were Activated This Holiday Season Than Samsung Devices

Maura

iPhoneForums.Net News Team
Staff member
Reaction score
Twice as many Apple devices than Samsung devices were activated this holiday season.JPG

According to new figures from mobile analytics firm Flurry, via AppleInsider, Apple devices enjoyed a 44% share of all device activations this holiday period, which was more than twice the amount of devices activated by Samsung, which had a 21% share. Huawei came in third place, a long way behind the top two, with 3%.

Flurry’s figures also show that larger phones and phablets, such as the iPhone 7 Plus, are just as popular as ever, making up 37% of device activations, an increase of 10% from last year’s 27% share.

Overall, though, medium-sized phones ranging from 3.5 and 4.9 inches, such as the iPhone 7 and the iPhone SE, are the most popular of all, although their share actually dropped to below 50% to 45% this year.

As far as tablets are concerned, Flurry’s figures show that their popularity continues to fall, down to 17% from 18% last year.

Apple is due to announce its December 2016 quarter results, which will be the first full set of results since the iPhone 7 was released, at the end of January 2017. It’s expected that Apple will report its strongest ever iPhone sales, possibly reaching as high as 78 million units sold.

Source: http://appleinsider.com/articles/16...ctivations-this-holiday-as-samsung-data-shows

I thought that Apple only had 10 percent of the market. It is much higher than I thought it was. Even though this was a chart for activations, I am sure that market share can't be too far removed from those stats.

It'd be interesting to see who has the best retention rate.