What's new

Tweak for Enabling Volume Control at Lockscreen?

InkedAdrenaline

Reaction score
As the title states, been looking for awhile through Google with no luck. Anyone know of a tweak that enables the volume control at the lockscreen?

Double clicking the home button not working for you?

No. I don't know if bitesms interferes with that. But I have no volume control at lockscreen

InkedAdrenaline said:
No. I don't know if bitesms interferes with that. But I have no volume control at lockscreen

Not even after double clicking the home button.

Not being able to use the volume buttons on the lock screen is normal. Even stock iPhones do that. Unless your listening to music....but that is the only time volume buttons work on the lock screen.

Ok, I need a tweak for this then I guess, because double clicking isn't working.

InkedAdrenaline said:
Ok, I need a tweak for this then I guess, because double clicking isn't working.

For this function I use a tweak called Music Controls Pro. Assign an activator action, and a volume bar will show on the lock screen. When music is playing, media controls show to, but you can just swipe left/right on the screen to skip to next or previous song.

And swiping up and down on the lock screen will I'm fact allow to control the volume on the lock screen exactly like the volume button do.

Tho, it will make the app switcher lag a little bit. You fix this by going to Settings> Music Controls Pro> Notification/Task Controls>

And under "Task Controls" toggle "Controls" off. Then use your own gesture to bring up the swipe controls.

I use Swipe up from bottom left. Tho slide in gestures are broke in the latest version of Activator. So I use QuickDo for slide in gestures.

InkedAdrenaline said:
Cool thanks I'm going to download it now

If this is what you mean:
79f4c8d7.jpg

Then yes, Music Controls Pro is the only tweak (that I know of any way) that allows this.

The swipes are disabled when you have "slide to open" notifications on your lock screen.

If you use ISX, then it can be kind of a hassle. Thankfully the tweak comes with an SBSettings/ISX toggle, so you can toggle off MCSwipes when you are not using them.

Very awesome tweak. I recommend you turn task controls off so your app switcher doesn't lag. Also comes with notification center widgets that really make notification center lag. However, just keep then out of notification center. Unnecessary any way.

As I said, assign your own gesture to activate it, and it works perfectly. ;)

It's actually the wrong one. I need the ringer and alert volume control. Btw they also have a SBS widget for volume that I tried but it's also for that secondary volume and not the ringer/alerts.

I guess I'm stuck having to unlock and then adjust volume until someone makes a tweak.

InkedAdrenaline said:
It's actually the wrong one. I need the ringer and alert volume control. Btw they also have a SBS widget for volume that I tried but it's also for that secondary volume and not the ringer/alerts.

I guess I'm stuck having to unlock and then adjust volume until someone makes a tweak.

Okay. Like a toggle? For that I use NCSettings.

Puts those toggles in notification center for , ringer, vibrate, silent/vibrate..

Tho to be able to use those toggles on the lock screen you have to have ISX, or Bulletin to have NC on the lock screen.

What exactly re you trying to do?

Are you trying to stop the phone from ringing when a call comes in on the lock screen, without canceling the incoming call?

InkedAdrenaline said:

Ya know, if you tagged on "Change with buttons" in Settings> Sounds> those controls will turn the ringer volume up and down. FYI.

I do have that tagged button tagged, but they do not adjust volume at the lockscreen. They adjust it when unlocked but not locked.

My whole purpose for this tweak is to be able to adjust volume up or down from lockscreen. With my job and normal day activities I need to adjust my volume from Max to min numerous times and I figured that with everything else you could do with a JB iPhone I could do that too. It would just be easier to be able to adjust the ringer volume from lockscreen instead of unlocking then adjusting.

InkedAdrenaline said:
I do have that tagged button tagged, but they do not adjust volume at the lockscreen. They adjust it when unlocked but not locked.

My whole purpose for this tweak is to be able to adjust volume up or down from lockscreen. With my job and normal day activities I need to adjust my volume from Max to min numerous times and I figured that with everything else you could do with a JB iPhone I could do that too. It would just be easier to be able to adjust the ringer volume from lockscreen instead of unlocking then adjusting.

Okay, I sees what ya mean.

Do you have IntelliScreenX intalled?

If you did you could use NCSettings.

There is a volume toggle. But the in the NCSettings settings tab in the settings app, you can choose if the volume toggle will effect the ringer or not.

No I don't have intelscreenx I will have to get that. I'm a little weary though as it seems like there's alot of threads floating around about problems with it.

InkedAdrenaline said:
No I don't have intelscreenx I will have to get that. I'm a little weary though as it seems like there's alot of threads floating around about problems with it.

I have. I problems with it. And I have out 55 tweaks installed. The latest ration will put you in safe mode after intall, but your fine after that. Plus, it will be fixed soon like it always does.