What's new

Turn by Turn Navigation on iPhone 4 on IOS 6?

Hman319

Reaction score
Since apple is neglecting to allow the iPhone 4 and iPhone 3Gs the turn by turn navigation in IOS 6, do you guys think there will be a port made via jailbreak that could port the turn by turn navigation over to these devices? Something similar to the way Siri was ported over to the iPhone 4 and 3Gs.

Maybe if it can be ported, it'd work better than the way Siri was ported with Spire.

Spire was a headache to keep Rollin, but it worked like a charm. :)

I use waze and garmin. Both have turn by turn with tts

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

The FREE Mapquest also has turn by turn and is what I use all the time.

There's also a GPS app called Motion X that works great. It's 99 cents, but the turn by turn directions are $10 annually via in app purchase.

It's a nicely developed app, and the price is pretty good for all the features!
It hasn't let me down since I purchased it last fall. :)

Good question, will be interesting to see what happens.

When you say turn by turn directions, are your referring to Siri voicing the directions? Or just text showing up on the phone?

When you say turn by turn directions, are your referring to Siri voicing the directions? Or just text showing up on the phone?
Most likely it'll be Siri's voice... but it'll be in the Maps app or Turn by Turn Navigation, however they package it. It'll be just like you have a Tom Tom or Garmin stuck to your dash... as you're approaching the intersection you'll be turning at... your iPhone will start talking to you and tell you where to go.

Somebody told me that Apple was using Google Maps for navigation with IOS 6. I don't know if that's true, it sure doesn't seem likely. The person that told me this though I would consider for the most part to be reliable.

Then again if they were using Google Maps it wouldn't be Siri. And from the pictures I've seen it doesn't look like Google Maps to me.

Somebody told me that Apple was using Google Maps for navigation with IOS 6. I don't know if that's true, it sure doesn't seem likely. The person that told me this though I would consider for the most part to be reliable.

Then again if they were using Google Maps it wouldn't be Siri. And from the pictures I've seen it doesn't look like Google Maps to me.

Apple actually purchased a GPS company a few years back. I can't recall the name of the company, but I do know that Apple designed this app and it's all their technology. I'll google it later and see if I can locate what company it was. It's gonna bug me now. Lol!

I just don't see anything to get excited about 6.0 . We already have turn by turn for FREE via several different apps. 3D maps mean nothing to me, most only work in the cities anyway, and I am a contry boy. Hate going to the city. I will remain with 5.1.1 and jail broken until I actually see a reason to update. YMMV?