What's new

TuneIn Radio Pro app cuts out

mikejp56

Reaction score
Hi All,
I have the TuneIn radio Pro app on my iPhone 4 with iOS 6.1.2 unjailbroken. I have 2 questions:

1)The app works but at random times it will stop playing; I don't know if it is freezing up or what. It starts with the program material stuttering and eventually stops playing. It will happen with high signal strength at random times, and the only way to get it back is to close the app and restart it. Then the next time it stops, repeat.

2) More specifically, I have stations set for my favorite hockey and baseball teams. I also have XM Satellite radio in my car. I have noticed that there is a delay of about 1-2 minutes between the program material of the hockey game on the satellite and on the iPhone. This is okay. But the other day I was listening to the baseball game on the XM and tuned it in on the iPhone, and the progamming was different. It didn't have the baseball game at all, but it was the correct channel.

Any ideas why the app is stuttering and then quits, and any explanations about the difference in programming?
Thanks for any responses.
Regards,
Mike

Once in a while mine will stutter and stop also. It is a buffering problem that is causing it on my end anyways. Usually occurs during heavy load times on the system. A lot of times I can change the stream to a lower Kbps rate or just a different stream all together and the problem will clear up. For the other problem IDK.

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net

Hi southernyankee,
Thanks for the response. How do you change the rate of the stream? Is there a setting for that?
Thanks,
Mike

In the now playing screen if you tap the screen you will see a drop down at the top. On the right is a menu icon (3dots and lines in a box). Tap that and it will take you to the menu where you can choose stream and other things.

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net

Hi southernyankee,
Thanks for the tip. I will need to try it out later and I will report back to this forum.
Regards,
Mike

EDIT Hi southernyankee,
I lowered my stream rate and it works much better now. Thanks for your help.
Mike

Last edited:
any one still having this issue?

I still notice stopping on my nexus 5, mac pro, and my note 2 whether on wifi or lte.