What's new

Trying to move an App

SomeDude

Reaction score
Hey Everyone,

I am trying to turn my old 3Gs into a game pad for my son and I cannot seem to transfer minecraft out of iTunes and into the 3Gs. It was on my 5, I backed it up into iTunes, then I hooked up the 3Gs and it looks like iTunes sees it, but I can't seem to get in on to the phone. Can anyone give me a hand here? Thanks

You have to authorize the 3GS for use with your account. Click on Store on the top of iTunes, then authorize this PC. Enter the same credentials that were used to download Minecraft Pocket Ed. and transfer away.

Log into the same Apple ID that made the initial purchase on the device directly and download it again. After it's been downloaded, you can log off if you choose. Note that if there are any updates pushed out for Minecraft Pocket Edition, you'll have to log back into that same account in order to update it if you choose to log out of the AppleID on your son's device.

The only constraint is wifi. Carriers being the same or active does not matter as Apple does not check for a carrier other than when activating the device for the first time or after restore.

Sent from my iPad Mini via Tapa