What's new

Trying to change signal dots to display numeric

YankInDaSouth

Reaction score
So, I'm feeling rather stupid ... this seems like a straightforward approach. I dial *3001#12345#* hit call and get to the field test screen, but the dots never change. I'm I missing something?

Running the latest iOS 10.3.1 (14E304) ...

IMG_0211.JPG

Hold down the power button until it says slide to power off then release

Then press the Home button until you return to operating (about 10 seconds)

Tried that, but no dice ... I'm not even seeing the change while in field test mode. Tried pressing the dots while while in field test mode and nadda! Just can't get rid of the dots [emoji15]

That's odd, mine has been set up like that since my 4S was about a month old, no problems with the other two either.

After entering it are you just holding the power button until the slide message comes up, releasing the power button, then holding the home button (with the slide to power off still on the screen) until it goes back to the home screen?
IMG_1491873042.355332.jpg

Same to go each way

IMG_1491873064.106919.jpg

After entering it are you just holding the power button until the slide message comes up, releasing the power button, then holding the home button (with the slide to power off still on the screen) until it goes back to the home screen?
View attachment 32140

Same to go each way

View attachment 32141

Yup, but initially when entering field test mode I'm not even seeing the dots change though, so I think that's more the issue.

They don't change until you hold the home button and it goes back to the home screen. You have to do the whole process or the dots (or numbers if activated) don't change

Also, realize that the lower the number (smaller negative value or closer to zero) is a higher signal and LTE numbers look (but aren't) worse than non-LTE numbers for good strength.

And you will never get close to zero, doesn't work that way

I can't get it LOL ... get to field test mode and hold power button until the power off slide pops up, release power button and hold home (while power slide is still showing), get back to home screen and still have the dots.

Appreciate your time in trying to help!

Just did this on my IPhone 6. Worked like a charm. Dial number you posted. Get to the field test screen. You should be seeing the numbers on the top left corner of your screen at this point. Now hold power button until you get the "power off" slider, then hold home button until the screen returns to the home screen and voila, you have numbers instead of dots. Here is a screen shot of mine after I performed the above method.
IMG_6541.JPG

Hope you can get it resolved.

Just did this on my IPhone 6. Worked like a charm. Dial number you posted. Get to the field test screen. You should be seeing the numbers on the top left corner of your screen at this point. Now hold power button until you get the "power off" slider, then hold home button until the screen returns to the home screen and voila, you have numbers instead of dots. Here is a screen shot of mine after I performed the above method. View attachment 32144
Hope you can get it resolved.

That's the thing, when I get to the field test screen I'm not seeing the numbers ... the dots never change. Maybe it's a T-Mobile thing??