What's new

Trouble with trying to unlock Iphone 3GS on 4.3.3, baseband 05.16.02

hirschab

Reaction score
Serial number is 5K02407, what is happening is, it's jailbroken, but not unlocked, and when I try to flash it in redsnow with the ipad baseband, it just crashes right after the "detecting ipad firmware", the first part of the process. I am doing this on a mac, I saw that others were having this similar problem and some had resolved it by using redsnow on windows and going into the task manager and turning only CPU1 on, I did that, but it still crashed. I also tried turning CPU1 on and then holding down the home button during the entire process, no dice, still crashed. Hoping someone can help me, about four hours in to trying to get it unlocked and pretty frustrated at this point

Open up RedSn0w, go to Extras > Select IPSW, point it to the iOS 4.3.3 IPSW for the iPhone 3GS. Click back, click Jailbreak and put your device into DFU mode. Tick only "Install iPad Baseband" and proceed.

I think I must be using a different version of redsnow (0.9.6rc16) because it does not have the extras button