What's new

Transferring video from old phone to iphone

Lisaone

Reaction score
I used to have a samsung galaxy s3, not for long it was always playing up, prior to that i had a nexus one for a a couple of years. I now have the iphone 5. I have a bunch of videos that i took with the android phones backed up to my computer. and id like to be able to get them onto my new phone so i can use the video editing apps that i have on there. The apps are great and work really well with video ive taken with the iphone 5, but whenever i attempt to use itunes to transfer the video taken with my androids the files just end up in the 'movies' app on the iphone, rather than in the camera/photos area, i cant seem to find any way to get the video editing apps to pull the video from the 'movies' app. Is there a way i can get video from my computer to go into the camera roll at all? I am pretty useless with itunes and i find it incredibly confusing. The one thing i miss from android was its simplistic drag and drop. I find it hard to believe i cant do that with an iphone... am i missing something?

You'll need to use another utility to get it into Camera Roll. The only thing that goes into Camera Roll by default through iTunes are photos. If you're looking for clips and such, you'll have to convert them to .mov and transfer using utilities like iExplorer or iFunBox and transfer them directly into the Camera Roll directory.