What's new

Transferring photos from Camera+ to PC

keymoo

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm not really sure how I should transfer photos to my PC from Camera+. I've gone into the Lightbox and moved the photos into the camera roll. When I connect my iPhone to my PC, I can't see the photos in Windows explorer in Windows 7. I can only see photos taken with the stock camera. How do I transfer them?

Hi,

I'm not really sure how I should transfer photos to my PC from Camera+. I've gone into the Lightbox and moved the photos into the camera roll. When I connect my iPhone to my PC, I can't see the photos in Windows explorer in Windows 7. I can only see photos taken with the stock camera. How do I transfer them?

You talking about transferring photographs from your iPhone to pc?

Plug in your iPhone to the pc
Open up "My computer"
Open up your phone
Look for DCIM and open this
Open photographs. Select all and copy
Go to pictures in documents on your pc right click to creat new folder and rename "iphone"
Open this folder right click and paste.
Job done.

iHolophyte

Open up "My computer"
Open up your phone
Go to pictures in documents on your pc right click to creat new folder and rename "iphone"
Job done.

iHolophyte

Thanks, but I know that. Problem is when using the Camera+ App, the photos are not there. That's what I'm confused about - where are they?

Thanks, but I know that. Problem is when using the Camera+ App, the photos are not there. That's what I'm confused about - where are they?

Oh sorry cant help you there, as I don't use the camera+ app.

iHolophyte

I use Camera+ a lot. As long as I move the photo from the editing screen

mwolfer said:
I use Camera+ a lot. As long as I move the photo from the editing screen

to the camera roll by saving it.... I can see it in the dcim folder when I connect to the computer. I use Windows XP.

I hope you are able to figure out the issue.

Hmm they seem to be there now, not sure what changed.

Open up "My computer"
Open up your phone
Job done.

iHolophyte

Another silly question, iHolophyte............. I understand the above, but can the reverse happen? IOW, can I input pics from my PC into the iPhone's DCIM folder (on the PC) and have those pics appear in the Camera Roll? (I suppose I could try it, but asking is easier right now!) Thanks.

Another silly question, iHolophyte............. I understand the above, but can the reverse happen? IOW, can I input pics from my PC into the iPhone's DCIM folder (on the PC) and have those pics appear in the Camera Roll? (I suppose I could try it, but asking is easier right now!) Thanks.

I haven't tried it either but I use to be able to do it with my Sony Ericsson so on paper yes you should be able to. Only problem could be. If you take with a camera it may not be viewable depending on what mode you took the photo. I'd give it a whirl and let us know how you get on.

iHolophyte

I tried to cut&paste back to my camera's picture subfolder. It did NOT work

How did you get on EWaytt?

iHolophyte

Thanks iMarilina for the confirmation. Too bad -- that action can be done on an Android system, but with the iPhone we must use the horrible iTunes and take our chances. To iHolophyte, I don't understand what you mean about getting on....

Thanks iMarilina for the confirmation. Too bad -- that action can be done on an Android system, but with the iPhone we must use the horrible iTunes and take our chances. To iHolophyte, I don't understand what you mean about getting on....

I meant. How are you getting on with trying the transfer of photographs? Looks like it cannot be done from the answers

iHolophyte