What's new

Transfer pics from phone to pad

hologram

Reaction score
So I have 117 pics on my iPad and over 200 of some of those same photos but shouldn’t the rest of the phone pics be transferring over to my iPad while plugged in. I tried creating a new folder but only the 117 moved over. So they do see each other but can’t get the other pics to appear on iPad.

They should sync to the iPad when connected to Wi-Fi. You don’t have to plug in the devices to sync the images.

With more than 200 photos on one device, they will need some time to sync completely. This will not happen as quickly as syncing 50 pictures (just as an example).

If I send a pic from phone to a temp folder in phone it also works on the iPad if both have those pics. If it’s a pic on the phone that’s not in the iPad it won’t work. I do have google photos and drive on the iPad and only drive on the phone. Maybe that has something to do with it?

Google Photos and Drive are different apps and will not interfere with iCloud.

Went to Icloud.com on my PC and and the cloud is still 0 pics so I uploaded a few from my PC and then they do go into my phone and ipad but I figured I should be able to take a picture with my phone and it should still go into Icloud but they don't. I would think that should work but o well I guess my cloud is rained out.

Turn on Bluetooth for both devices and use AirDrop for any that don't transfer automatically. You can select all the ones you want transferred at once ore one at a time. Super fast and they go straight to your photos

Mine usually transfer automatically when my devices are plugged in and on wifi, though they may do it on battery.