What's new

Trade just bought iphone 4 for 4s??

Gianluca

Reaction score
Hi guys about a month a ago i lost my ihpne 3gs than i decided to buy the 4 even if i knew that a new one was coming out soon.....my question is: i bought the iphone4 on 1st september...Verizon could trade it for the new 4s?? the thingh is drive me crazy is that we won't able to use Siry with iphone 4!!....and why not try to get the new one.......i think that's not fair who has an iphone4 can not use Siry...right???

I'd just like to add that all the stuff that is being said about Siri and the amount of people upgrading mainly just because of this is crazy.

I'm not having it that the iPhone 4 can't run Siri with ease. And the only way i can see it never running on the 4 is if they hardcoded something in to the A5 etc.

I have said it once and i will say it again. I am not going to be sucked in to the marketing strategies for a very small camera upgrade (And i've seen the very first picture taken by the 4S, and it is really no better than the 4). And also all the "Ooohhh! It's got a dual core CPU and up to 7x faster graphics". It's a phone... I have a kick ass PC for playing games. If i play games on the go they are always simple quick one's due to the fact that i'm out and about and don't have the time to play an all out multiplayer session or whatever.

Now some are going to say "Aaawwww. Can't afford to upgrade". Because i certainly can but for one i have only had my iPhone 4 for 2 months. And two, I don't ever feel the need to upgrade all of the time or more so when there is a newer product comes out and everyone else is doing so. I need a device to do exactly what i want and need it to do and the iPhone 4 can do all of this and much much more for now and the future.

Anyway Glianluca my advice would be to hold on to your iPhone 4, sit back chill and wait to see what happens in the Jailbreaking/modding community and i'm pretty sure that Siri will come to it soon enough. If it doesn't then i for one won't be that upset that i won't be looking like an idot walking down the street talking to just my phone (Billy no mates) lol ;)
http://www.iphoneforums.net/forum/members/gianluca-37163/

Of course it's fair, they are allowed to do anything they want to their software, just like we are allowed to hack their software and do anything WE want :p They need some sort of incentive to get people to upgrade. In terms of trading your 4 in for a 4S, I doubt they will let you. Most providers allow a 30-day trade-in so if a new phone comes out within 30 days of getting your old phone they will swap it but since it's been more than 30 days for you I don't think they will do that.

The good news is that the hackers are already working on porting Siri to the iPhone4 and other jailbroken devices.

Sometimes youll meet a nice rep that'll let you slide but since the demand is so high, I think it'll be a push. You may do better selling that one for 400-500 then paying the difference to get a 4S

i highly doubt youll be able to exchange the iphone 4 you just bought. Your almost a full month outside of the 14 day return policy. If it were only a few days then maybe but almost a month no way its going to happen.

thank's guys for reaplay.....it's a pain in the ass....that's no fair.....we were able to use the new software with the previous phone....Siri seembs realy interesting if works well......anyway i just ask to verizon they told me nothing to do.....

thank's guys for reaplay.....it's a pain in the ass....that's no fair.....we were able to use the new software with the previous phone....Siri seembs realy interesting if works well......anyway i just ask to verizon they told me nothing to do.....

Siri is for the 4S only you wont get it by upgrading to iOS 5.

That is exactly what iPhone 3GS owners said when iOS 4 features (example Game Center) didn't work for them.

This isn't about fair at present. And I wouldn't complain just yet anyways. Siri is in Beta. Which means it could be released to iOS 5 after it is completed. Think about it this way, but only allowing 4S phones to run it, it gives them a VERY specific test bed to tweak and learn from and limits the load on their servers.

Never saw it that way. So there's still hope for us iPhone 4 users.

ah...ok thank's Skull One i still hope....im downloaidng I0S 5 now!....

Hi guys about a month a ago i lost my ihpne 3gs than i decided to buy the 4 even if i knew that a new one was coming out soon.....my question is: i bought the iphone4 on 1st september...Verizon could trade it for the new 4s?? the thingh is drive me crazy is that we won't able to use Siry with iphone 4!!....and why not try to get the new one.......i think that's not fair who has an iphone4 can not use Siry...right???

Not fair? You knew the new version was coming out and you still bought the old one. How is that being unfair to you?

Is it unfair that the new phone also has an S after the 4?

I here they almost have it working fully on the iPhone 4 but that's just what i saw i don't know for sure but im sure one day it will work on the 4.

I didn't realize there was a 180 day policy with apple that you had to have used your iPhone before you switch to a new one.