What's new

Torrents

chrisoconnor

Reaction score
I I'm new to this is it possible to download apps or movies from a torrent site to my pc and transfer to my iPhone4 I'm on 5.1.1

chrisoconnor said:
I I'm new to this is it possible to download apps or movies from a torrent site to my pc and transfer to my iPhone4 I'm on 5.1.1

Hi Chris..Just an FYI....if you are discussing how to DL paid apps or movies for free...we do not allow that. It is against our forum rules and recommend reviewing our guidelines specific to this. Threads discussing Piracy will be closed as a result--thanks!

Welcome to the Forum!! So glad that you joined us and hope that you gain a lot of good info here.

Remember that using the Search Function may help you find answers to many of your questions that others have asked before.

We recommend that you also familiarize yourself with our Forum Rules.
http://www.iphoneforums.net/forum/f...um-rules-please-read-respect-our-rules-30950/

Enjoy and Best Wishes!

It is possible to download movies, although I have no idea as to which torrent sites you could use.

Apps are a different matter. They can only be downloaded from the app store.

Please be careful when using torrents. Some sources are not exactly legal, and this forum has no tolerance for them, or the people who use them. Here is an excerpt from the rules on the subject.

15. Discussion of pirated or cracked applications and any methods associated with enabling their use, such as posting app or repository names, is forbidden on this forum. This also includes discussion of illegally obtaining media such as music, movies, games, books or other copyrighted content.

15.1 Piracy is illegal and the staff of iPhoneForums.net neither condones nor supports it in any way. Jail breaking and hacking does NOT equal stealing or pirating!

15.2. Discussions, links, and sharing of any piracy related topics, apps, repositories, etc., will be deleted and the member will receive a warning. A second warning may lead to an immediate ban.

Thanks for your advice as I said I'm new to all this

No problem. We are not suggesting that you are up to anything dodgy. It's just that the technology can easily be used for illegal purposes, so when the subject comes up it's a good time to mention the rules we have about piracy.

The best way to get movies onto your iPhone is to use software such as Handbrake to rip DVDs which you own, and transfer them to your iPhone using iTunes. I can easily give this advice, since it is perfectly legal where I live.

chrisoconnor said:
Thanks for your advice as I said I'm new to all this

Hey Chris....let us know what you come up with in finding ways to view movies. No assumptions can be made unless stated clearly. That is why I sent the message to you regarding the rules as an FYI.

Thanks--enjoy!

Thanks for the advice I will give handbrake a try

Another vote for Handbrake, I've been using it for years and it's never failed me.

ardchoille said:
Another vote for Handbrake, I've been using it for years and it's never failed me.

I've been using handbreak for years easy to use and it just works