What's new

Top 5 Missing iPhone 5S Features

usmanmalikx

Reaction score
I just made a video yesterday listing 5 features I would have really liked to see in iPhone 5S. Its still a great phone but if it had these features, I think the critics would have to call it the best phone of the year. Please check it out!

PS: I know the volume came out a little low.

Last edited by a moderator:
ROTFLMAO....

Talk about getting it ALL WRONG. Your list of missing features is beyond ridiculous.

1) Megapixels doesn't mean SQUAT unless you have PROPER LIGHTING. Anything above 8 is useless in low light using the current lenses. Please learn about real photography before making a suggestion on the subject. Oh and actually use the 5S camera before commenting on it as well.

2) 4K recording for playback on what????? 99.5% of the iPhone user market doesn't have a 4K TV. Seriously, did you even think about that fact?

3) Touch-less controls. Single most useless feature to date on a cell phone. Samsung tablets will be the first device to even utilize the tech properly and it won't be out till 2014.

4) Profiles.... On a cell phone.... WOW. How about wait for the iPad where it actually makes sense to have it.

5) Thunderbolt is already among the walking dead because only Apple adopted. Intel spec'ed machines with it are almost non-existent. USB 3 is NOT MADE FOR CHARGING. it is made for bandwidth. Now what you were trying to imply is "more power means faster charging". Guess what? LEARN how lithium ion batteries work and you will learn WHY fast charging a consumer grade battery meant to last 3 years is a REALLY BAD IDEA.

You need to spend a few years in the real world doing this for a living if you want to come off as even remotely credible. This attempt was beyond POOR. All it did was show how very little you actually know.

@skull one

1) You and I may know megapixel dont mean anything but try explaining that to a 13 year old kid who's looking to buy his/her first phone
2) Its a feature Apple should have put in inorder to be innovative. Apple has been playing catchup with too many major features. 4G LTE, larger screen... I know they waited till the technology got perfect but this is Apple we are talking about. My opening states that these are the features Apple should have put inorder to make every one go WOW. Did you really get the same WOW feeling with the iPhone 5S as you did with the first iPhone?
3) You sound like a iPhone "Fanboy" when you call another phones innovative features "useless."
4) Yes, profiles! Just cuz it makes sense on iPad, all of a sudden its a bad idea for iPhone? It should be a feature across all iDevices.
5) Are you sure about that?

Last edited:
@skull one

1) You and I may know megapixel dont mean anything but try explaining that to a 13 year old kid who's looking to buy his/her first phone
2) Its a feature Apple should have put in inorder to be innovative. Apple has been playing catchup with too many major features. 4G LTE, larger screen... I know they waited till the technology got perfect but this is Apple we are talking about. My opening states that these are the features Apple should have put inorder to make every one go WOW. Did you really get the same WOW feeling with the iPhone 5S as you did with the first iPhone?
3) You sound like a iPhone "Fanboy" when you call another phones innovative features "useless."
4) Yes, profiles! Just cuz it makes sense on iPad, all of a sudden its a bad idea for iPhone? It should be a feature across all iDevices.
5) Are you sure about that?

1) So you are coddling to the children???? Seriously??? How old are you?

2) Innovative.... Hmm. Maybe you need to look up that word means. Because the iPhone 5S is the most innovative cellular phone on the market currently.

a) First to have a fully 64 bit CPU, OS and Application suite.
b) First to bring fingerprint technology to a cellular device and actually work.
c) First to use only a DUAL core CPU to beat EVERY quad core based cell phone on the market.

Seriously, you have a lot to learn. But I don't mind typing up a brief history lesson to help you get a grip on the subject matter you think you have a clue about.

Apple waited on LTE because NO ONE at the time had a single chip solution at 32 nanometers that could run for 6+ hours on a 1400 mAh battery. The first Android phone to use the DUAL chip solution had to have a 3000 mAh battery and had major issues switching between the LTE chip and the 3G chip when transitioning towers. So you wanted Apple to put out GARBAGE to be first when they knew for a fact, just like everyone else in the know did, that it would be another 9 months before the chips were ready?

Apple isn't Android when it comes to screen resolution. There are currently 3 specifications for screen output under iOS. There are now 14 for Android. Hence there is a TON of applications under Android that do not work properly on all resolutions because it isn't cost effective to test them all. You want Apple to join that non-sense????

3) I am the furthest thing from a fan boy. Started out as an Android developer back in 2009. Wrote the book on how to overclock Android devices as well as how to manipulate the CPU settings needed to extend battery life. You can look that up. I could spend all day listing the reasons why Apple has issues. But I don't waste my time listing features that make NO SENSE to average user.

4) It will be. But Apple knows they needed to get iOS 7 stable first, since it is the first 64/32 bit OS on the market. And when they introduce the iPad 5, they will consider if it is ready or wait for iOS 8.

5) 100% positive. It has to do with the heat load and rate of transfer from the anode and cathode with the Lithium-Ion gel. The anode and cathode will PLATE under rapid charging. In turn this plating will cause the battery to stop the proper transfer of electrons and hence destroy both the full charge potential and remaining life. The only way to stop this is to use the most expensive version of Lithium-Ion tech on the market which would make the current 1400 mAh battery in the iPhones cost well over $200 a piece instead of the current $20.

So yeah, I know exactly what I am writing about. Hopefully you will now do some actual research and learn this information for yourself.

Last edited:
Sorry to say but I'm ending this discussion right here. You totally missed the point of the video and are only looking at the negatives about the video. I didn't even read your full reply.

1)
Apple isn't Android when it comes to screen resolution. There are currently 3 specifications for screen output under iOS. There are now 14 for Android. Hence there is a TON of applications under Android that do not work properly on all resolutions because it isn't cost effective to test them all. You want Apple to join that non-sense????

I thought I'd chime in here on this. I was an Android developer and one of the reasons I dumped Android was that I got tired of testing my apps on around 30 different devices and was still having to constantly re-write apps. I would release an app and it would work for one phone and crash on a certain tablet. I re-wrote the app and it would work on the tablet but lagged on the phone.. and crashed on another tablet that I didn't own and wasn't able to test. This happened too many times to count and I got tired of constantly having to re-write my apps because yet another company released a new device with a different hardware configuration. It was too much work and I was required to keep several versions of apps due to the multitude of hardware configurations.

There's much to be said for a company that controls the hardware AND the software.

Sorry to say but I'm ending this discussion right here. You totally missed the point of the video and are only looking at the negatives about the video. I didn't even read your full reply.

I didn't miss the point. Your list simply wasn't well thought out. If you are going to put yourself out there you should at least understand the subject matter you are speaking on.

I dont want to put more oil to the fire. Why do you need more mpx in camera? Do you really need 42? Or hasselblad 250mpx? 8mxp is just fine. If you aperture and optics suck you can have 1000mxp u will not getting any picture better. They increase the size of the senzor in camera, allowing pixells to be a part a little bit more. They increase the apperture, overall it should give better pictures in low light condition. I have Nikon d80 which has 10 mpx, less then S4. But with 50mm 1.8 lens, it beats any phone on the market.
All of this just to point that pixels doesnt meen better pictures. Like bigger screen doesnt meen better phone. Size and numbers are not everything.
Have a nice day u all

I dont want to put more oil to the fire. Why do you need more mpx in camera? Do you really need 42? Or hasselblad 250mpx? 8mxp is just fine. If you aperture and optics suck you can have 1000mxp u will not getting any picture better. They increase the size of the senzor in camera, allowing pixells to be a part a little bit more. They increase the apperture, overall it should give better pictures in low light condition. I have Nikon d80 which has 10 mpx, less then S4. But with 50mm 1.8 lens, it beats any phone on the market.
All of this just to point that pixels doesnt meen better pictures. Like bigger screen doesnt meen better phone. Size and numbers are not everything.
Have a nice day u all
A few things...1. Skull is not by accident a source of knowledge in this regard... I read this now, and again I realised that he knows what he's talking about. Thanks Skull. And your patience is the best I've ever seen... 2. Your remark regarding pixels... it just make so much sense. I had a Nokia N8, 12 Mxp... but the quality of the pics are not even close to my iPhone 4s... and the 5 is better and so the 5s will be better than the 5. I've come to the conclusion, looking at posts criticizing Apple and all other manufacturers, that we normal people just want to say something but don't really understand and don't know and let us influence by thinking we know a lot. There's a saying I always use: "you guys that think you know all, are irritating the hell out of us that know all". That's why I do have that much respect for ANY comment by Skull - he really knows what he's talking about... thanks again....

From my point of view: Iphone Is way behind Samsung when we speak about CPU strength and RAM.But,to be honest,IOS does not require for more.
Main disadvantage is actually iOS. He's less user-friendly comparing to android operating system.
From the other side, iOS 7 brings new hope about iOS development and users needs.. I like the way that iOS is heading.
And yes. Camera should be better.

Sent from Apple iPad 4

From my point of view: Iphone Is way behind Samsung when we speak about CPU strength and RAM.But,to be honest,IOS does not require for more.
Main disadvantage is actually iOS. He's less user-friendly comparing to android operating system.
From the other side, iOS 7 brings new hope about iOS development and users needs.. I like the way that iOS is heading.

Sent from Apple iPad 4
Behind Samsung? That's only on paper. I'm not that clued up, but all I know is that paper specs are not actual performance. Even my 4S compares good to my son's S4. Not saying it's better. My daughter's iPhone 5 is same or better. Main problem is that we guys are not on top of it and comment. Read Skull's comment earlier. Especially regarding apps development. What does it help to say I own a V8 motorcar with 6litres engine, but the smaller engine performs better.. Same with phones. I think Apple is doing well and Samsung is just doing marketing with all paper specs.... And it looks like they succeed in a way...

Sent from Apple iPad 4

You might want to review the history of Samsung and Apple when it comes to CPU/RAM and the release of new phones. Every single generation of iPhone has been faster than anything that Samsung has on the market at the time. Samsung then takes 4 months to design and build something new to finally beat Apple again. The current iPhone 5S is a Dual Core CPU and it already beats the current Quad Core CPUs in all Samsung phones. Samsung is coming up against a brick wall now. They can't just increase the CPU speed of the Quad Core due to the thermal limitations of cell phones. And they can't even consider trying to throw an Octa Core at the issue. And as for RAM, the reason Samsung needs more than 1GB is because of Android and the amount of overhead and bloat that is required to run it. Because Apple only allows native CPU code, they only need 1GB to run apps. Which by the way saves battery life. And this is why Apple can still use sub 1500 mHa batteries where Samsung has to use 3000+ mHa batteries to get the same performance.

And iOS is not less user friendly. It is more friendly than Android ever can be. What do you think the percentage of malware is for iOS? Answer is less than 1% (and that will shrink with iOS7). Look at it for Android, it's almost 10%. That means 1 in every 10 apps have some kind of code that can steal users data without their permission. The reason for that is? Because Android has two major issues. Android fragmentation and very poor app market monitoring. Now Google has started addressing earlier this year. But the number of apps that still pass the market scanner is still too high.

iOS may not have the interface and core app replacement capabilities of Android, but personal I would rather have my data safe versus having my data pretty.