What's new

Too easy to accidently delete email messages

iphonetryer

Reaction score
That trash icon can easily be accidentally touched by your thumb and then your email message is instantly gone before you can do anything about it with no confirmation.

Is there any way around this by either moving that delete message icon off that screen or setting a confirmation prompt?

iphonetryer said:
That trash icon can easily be accidentally touched by your thumb and then your email message is instantly gone before you can do anything about it with no confirmation.

Is there any way around this by either moving that delete message icon off that screen or setting a confirmation prompt?

Yes, setting-> mail. Then you'll look for an option that says ask before deleting. Hit yes! I'll add screenshots to help guide you

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net

iphonetryer said:

Yes, setting-> mail. Then you'll look for an option that says ask before deleting. Hit yes! I'll add screenshots to help guide you

Best advice. I delete emails any way

Good sound advice amd im sure the op is grateful.

I'll be glad when ios 5 is rolled out so your able to add extra folders to keep read e mail in.

I use outlook so I cant add more folders and simply sync !

chunky said:
Good sound advice amd im sure the op is grateful.

I'll be glad when ios 5 is rolled out so your able to add extra folders to keep read e mail in.

I use outlook so I cant add more folders and simply sync !

I'll be glad when iOS 5 is out myself. Mainly for the new notification system! Though i'm looking forward to all the other features too. :)!