What's new

To cover or not to cover?

fitcherama

Reaction score
I've been lucky enough to have the 6 Plus since launch day and immediately put my new baby in a case. Today I received a lovely leather pouch for it and have been using the phone naked for the first time.

It's so good to see and feel the phone in your hand without a case but a permanent worry that you might drop it. I genuinely can't decide which is best. The security of a case, or the pleasure of using the phone as Apple intended?

What are you guys doing?

Why don't you get a bumper? I'm waiting for one to arrive, That way you see your lovely phone but the most vulnerable parts like the corners are protected, You can use a pouch too.

Right now I'm using a cheap beetle case. The phone is amazing naked but I'm afraid I'd break it

My girl got her phone on launch day. She got a slim hard case for it as well. I always tell her those cases don't do anything. she never believed me nor cared. Sunday, she dropped her phone from about three feet from the ground. it cracked the screen. She was pretty upset but I just gave her a look and said sorry. I just have some cheap bodyglove case since otterbox doesn't have their case out. i say do it right, wrap it tight. ;)

I've ordered a New Trent titanium but it won't be released until Friday. I love the one I have on my 5s, Well built and not expensive

The Apple silicon cases, as overpriced as they are seem
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1412727729.986897.jpg
perfect for adding almost nothing to the phone. Except they add some corner protection, lip over the screen and extreme grip ability.

Sent from my beautiful Iphone 6 Plus using Tapatalk.

I have to say after going caseless for the last 2 days I love it. I've had my 6+ since lunch day and purchased the leather Apple case at the same time for fear of the screen cracking. I just decided to try it but don't know if I can deal with the worrying.

The apple leather case is a good compromise I think. Worked great on my 5s which was dropped several times with not one scratch or crack. I will say it being smaller factors in.

The Apple silicon cases, as overpriced as they are seem perfect for adding almost nothing to the phone. Except they add some corner protection, lip over the screen and extreme grip ability.
Sent from my beautiful Iphone 6 Plus using Tapatalk.
Only problem I've had with those is its nearly impossible to get n and out of ur pocket

I had only had my iPhone 5 a couple of weeks when I i got out of the car forgetting it was in my lap and bounced it off the car park Tarmac, It landed on a corner but luckily I had just put a Bumper on it, the Bumper was chipped but my phone was fine, Since then I always protect my phone.

Only problem I've had with those is its nearly impossible to get n and out of ur pocket

Absolutely not the case with me. Easy in and out while providing a very nice gripping surface. In fact it's soft touch velvety to provide grip versus super sticky rubber. Your pockets may vary....

I use a Spigen glass front and bumper and then a leather pouch thing, along with a Zagg back skin. Protection all around yet kind of naked. I did this for my 5 and 5s and loved it.

Any case, however thin, will kill the feel of bare metal in your hand.
I put mine in a case because I want top dollar for it when I sell it. Bottom line. Worrying is for the birds.

I always buy the most protective case I can get for my cell phones. I am waiting for the Otterbox defender to come out for this one my phone was delivered last week and it's still in its box un activated. I have the same case for my iPhone 5 and I removed it from the case to take pictures in preparation to sell it privately and it doesn't have any scratches or marks on it anywhere. It looks like it did the day I bought it.