What's new

Tiny umbrella now supporting Iphone 4s for SHSH blob saving. 5.01.00

goodstone

Reaction score
Thought You guys should know that Tiny Umbrella is now supporting backup of blobs for version 5.01 on IPHONE 4S. Since the signing windows has now closed for version 5.0 you will not be able to save.

The Firmware Umbrella - TinyUmbrella

Enjoy

Ant

any idea when the blobs will be useful? the reason i ask is if Apple was to release iOS 5.1 on the 9th of March and the next day i accidently install a Cydia app that corrupts the jailbreak, what would i do to restore?

The blobs will work on an iPhone4 and lower, it's only for iPad2/iPhone4S that they won't currently work since there is no bootrom exploit for those devices yet. For other devices, you can stitch the SHSH directly into the firmware with redsn0w.

gotcha, that's what I thought but wanted to confirm...I'm on a iPhone 4 right now and am thinking of upgrading to the 4S, but the lack of the bootrom exploit worries me. what do you think?

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net

If you're thinking of upgrading I would do it sooner rather than later to ensure that you get a device with 5.0.1 installed. After 5.1 is released, there's no telling how long the wait will be for a new jailbreak or for a downgrade method for A5 devices.