What's new

Tiny keyboard after latest upgrade.

browneyedgirl

Reaction score
I have the iPhone 5. Just upgraded to version 9. Now I notice the keyboard is smaller. Tiny little letters. They seem to be normal (like before the upgrade) when using the capital letters but then they go back to very tiny. Anyone else noticed this? Any way to make the keyboard a little larger or am I stuck with this? kind of sorry I did the upgrade.

The keyboard should be the same size as before. The only change was that you see the capitals when you start writing a sentence, ... and then the lower case letters will appear. The size of the keys is the same as before the update.

If it looks different on your iPhone, is it possible that you post a screenshot?

The keyboard should be the same size as before. The only change was that you see the capitals when you start writing a sentence, ... and then the lower case letters will appear. The size of the keys is the same as before the update.

If it looks different on your iPhone, is it possible that you post a screenshot?

Not sure I can do a screenshot. Sorry. Not all the savvy. But the capital letters are fine it is when they change to the lower case the letters seem smaller. Maybe it is just me if no one else does not notice a change.

To take a screenshot, press both, Home and Power button, at the same time, shortly. If your iPhone is not muted, you'll hear a shutter sound, and the screenshot can be found in the Photos app afterwards.

This is my keyboard (iPhone 6 plus), for comparison:
image.png

image.png

J.A. Thanks so much. I just learned how to take a screen shot. Now this is going to sound weird but the small case letters appear to be back to normal. I wonder if it was just a quirk after the update. Because I also could not send imessages for about a half hour after the update. things seem to be back to normal now. maybe it takes some time for everything to settle.

You're welcome. :)

The software needs some time to settle in. You might notice the effects for one or two days.

A reset might help after updating (in case you haven't done it): press and hold Home and Power button until the Apple log appears. Let go of both, your iPhone will power up on it's own.

You're welcome. :)

The software needs some time to settle in. You might notice the effects for one or two days.

A reset might help after updating (in case you haven't done it): press and hold Home and Power button until the Apple log appears. Let go of both, your iPhone will power up on it's own.
Just did the reset. Thanks. I always learn something when I come on the forum.:)