What's new

Threat of the Galaxy S II

sgtjiggy

Reaction score
I like a number of you here are very excited about iOS 5 and the new iPhone 5. I caught the mobile Fox News channel story about the "iPhone Killer" The Galaxy S II. I really like the Android OS and have owned a few. However, the iOS is so refined there is no comparison IMHO. How can they even come to this conclusion? I ride motorcycles (at one time for a living) and one thing is certain, you can have an extremely powerful mc but the rider makes all of the difference - smooth is always faster than outright power, power is nice to have but in the wrong hands it is out of control and usually comes in last. I will stay smooth and conquer all....lol!

I'm so tired of the "iPhone Killer" headlines tech blogs and the media use. Oh well I know it's not going away anytime soon... Lol!

there are many"Iphone killer"s every year.but Iphone is the best saling product.

but I9100 is a good mobile phone.

Basically the platform of the both the iphone and galaxy S2 are different.Both are good in their own way having some pros and cons.

I love IOS over android. It's like their computer line. Everything always works. It's funny how companies are trying their best to over sale or out due iPhone. Everyone wants to be number 1. Too bad

I came from android to iOs and have been running iOs 5 for several weeks now and I have to say even with all the changes I miss all the little things android had to offer, such as widgets and Facebook photos in your contacts and the ability to send a photo to Facebook right from you album. Apple still has the most stable os besides rim but I'm a power type of person lol

sgtjiggy said:
I like a number of you here are very excited about iOS 5 and the new iPhone 5. I caught the mobile Fox News channel story about the "iPhone Killer" The Galaxy S II. I really like the Android OS and have owned a few. However, the iOS is so refined there is no comparison IMHO. How can they even come to this conclusion? I ride motorcycles (at one time for a living) and one thing is certain, you can have an extremely powerful mc but the rider makes all of the difference - smooth is always faster than outright power, power is nice to have but in the wrong hands it is out of control and usually comes in last. I will stay smooth and conquer all....lol!

I like this statement.

I used to have an original Moto Droid... then came the Incredible dubbed an "iphone killer". Then came the Droid X also dubbed iphone killer... then came the Droid 2, X2, Charge, etc... all claimed to beat the iphone...

All this advertising did was..... make me want an iphone, and Ive never been happier with one!

I just hope the next apple phone has a dual core or can be a bit snappier thats just a personal wish. I'm new to iOS but I have to say it has a great community.

Originaldobo said:
I came from android to iOs and have been running iOs 5 for several weeks now and I have to say even with all the changes I miss all the little things android had to offer, such as widgets and Facebook photos in your contacts and the ability to send a photo to Facebook right from you album. Apple still has the most stable os besides rim but I'm a power type of person lol

Actually. You can use your Facebook photos for contacts.

I really believe the "iphone killer" title is due more to the 4g than anything else with all other things being equal. I think Apple missed the boat by not making the iphone 5 4g/4LTE. If the iphone 5 is 4g/4LTE, that is probably mine and other android owner's next phone.

I am a android user and there are things that I do like about android, but after having spent the last three weeks with my shiny new ipad2, I don't think I will be searching for too many features of my old android phone when I make the switch, and oh yes the switch is immanent. I have always like iOS and am very eager to try iOS 5. I am just hoping for the love of god.....please allow custom equalizer function inside the iPod app itself!! I. Use far to many listening devices(headphones, stereo, car stereo, studio monitors, pa system,) with my iPod/iPad that it is something that I have yearning for since the beginning. I have multiple custom EQ settings in my computer for my different output sources, so it would be awesome to be able to dial in custom EQ settings on the iPod and all other iOS devices.

I was never an "Apple Guy". Always thought I could do the same stuff on cheaper PC based equipment. Then this d$&@ iPhone came out and now I have 4 iphone4's an iPad, Mac Book Pro and I'm saving up to get my wife a 27" iMac... This phone is by far the best thing out there, it JUST WORKS! I still have my DELL XPS desktop and have to use PC based equipment at work but personally would not give up my iPhone for any widget, gadget or evil google os based phone!

I too was a PC guy, and still am purely based on a thin wallet. I have 3 Dell pc,s 2 lappity top boxes and a desktop and only one of them is currently functioning properly....the oldest one I might add. I attempted to do a restore of my windows 7 pc and it is now completely useless. It won't get past the install command and it says it doesn't find any signed drviers, that I have already tried to install, but it's all whacked out. Now I'm gonna have to take it somewhere and pay them who knows how much to get it back going again. If I had the wallet for it I would say *edited* on it and get a MAC like I really wanted anyway, I just can't afford it at the moment. I have frown to despise windows and DELL machines in particular and can not wait for the day than I am all MAC. It will be so nice to have a system that actually works without having to give it a reach around every time you need to perform a task or run a particular program.

Last edited by a moderator:
Originaldobo said:
I just hope the next apple phone has a dual core or can be a bit snappier thats just a personal wish. I'm new to iOS but I have to say it has a great community.

If you want snappy - get a crocodile case for it, be blue tooth v crick tooth ;).