What's new

Thinking of Jailbreaking but are not sure?

what firmware are you on?

I'm running 4.2.1 On A Iphone 3G
If you are on baseband 01.59.00 or if your phone is a factory unlocked phone and if you are not planing to upgrade to iOS 4.3.3 then
1- get the latest redsnow tool from the dev-team blog.
2- Download the ipsw 4.2.1 from Internet.
3- update your iTunes to the latest version.
4- Connect your phone to your computer, open up iTunes and backup your iPhone files using iTunes. Pay attention and Ignore all notification about iOS upgrade.
5- close iTunes and run redsnow. On step 2; direct redsnow to the ipsw you just downloaded from internet and follow redsnow onscreen instruction.
6- When jailbreak is done close redsnow and open up iTunes and restore your backup.
You are good to go.

OK this is going to sound really stupid bit I have looked on Google for red snow and found that many sites that have it where do I find the right one I have also looked on the dev team site but can not find the down load link

Thanks in advance

hi, sorry for my poor english. i wanna ask one question after JB will make my iphone slower or not smooth ?
my device : iphone4 16gb 4.3.3

thank u so much

ic ic, maybe just few apps what i think very important to me n often use.
but no winterboard of course, i love the original themes n icons from iphone.

Even what you think is important to you might happen to be a heavy software which can run slow your phone or use your battery's life, but uptodate, most of the legit apps are of not significant bug or whatsoever afftect that much the idevice. So just get those apps you want from cydia and from the right places and dowbload them respring and run them. Your phone should be just fine with normal behavior like heavy usage of a cydia app less battery life, normal smothness of the UI etc...

Even what you think is important to you might happen to be a heavy software which can run slow your phone or use your battery's life, but uptodate, most of the legit apps are of not significant bug or whatsoever afftect that much the idevice. So just get those apps you want from cydia and from the right places and dowbload them respring and run them. Your phone should be just fine with normal behavior like heavy usage of a cydia app less battery life, normal smothness of the UI etc...

i see ur location in beijing, are u in china now ? i'm only using 360chinese software n . anyway thank u so much for the information ^^

Moderation Notice: This post has been edited by a member of staff in accordance with the Forum Rules
please read the above statement

Last edited by a moderator:
I ve read around the forum but im not sure ..

Is there a jailbreak method for iphone 4s ios 5.0 ?

AATT said:
I ve read around the forum but im not sure ..

Is there a jailbreak method for iphone 4s ios 5.0 ?

No...

إيكرانك...المسطرة

Good Morning Everyone...

What is the Biggest differents between Hacking on Droid X and Jailbreaking with Iphone?

Its Bubba

Last edited:
Wow I love this forum. I'm learning so much. I'm still intimidated to jailbreak my phone a there is no step-by-step instructions. I'm smart so I can decipher what is being talked about but don't know whether to go with green poison or reds now, what to install first. That's what I get for being a newbie!! I want to learn so bad though. Any takers to teach me how to do this? Or guide me to the right step-by-step place?

Wow I love this forum. I'm learning so much. I'm still intimidated to jailbreak my phone a there is no step-by-step instructions. I'm smart so I can decipher what is being talked about but don't know whether to go with green poison or reds now, what to install first. That's what I get for being a newbie!! I want to learn so bad though. Any takers to teach me how to do this? Or guide me to the right step-by-step place?

hi there spy girl.. for some reason when I see your username I think of chuck. dont know if you watch that.. but any way.

Glad that you are finding the site useful and to help you get the best out of your device and to avoid any problems.

now for jailbreaking it depends on what firmware you are using, you cannot simply decide what tool to use because not all of them support all of the firmwares, for example greenpoison does not support any firmware newer then 4.2.1 but for 4.3.3 that has the latest un tethered jailbreak you could use JailbreakMe 3.0 for its easier to use jailbreak or redsn0w. any newer firmware 5.XX are tethered or semi-tethered, I would avoid using them jailbreak until there is a un tethered one.

Unleashed said:
hi there spy girl.. for some reason when I see your username I think of chuck. dont know if you watch that.. but any way.

Glad that you are finding the site useful and to help you get the best out of your device and to avoid any problems.

now for jailbreaking it depends on what firmware you are using, you cannot simply decide what tool to use because not all of them support all of the firmwares, for example greenpoison does not support any firmware newer then 4.2.1 but for 4.3.3 that has the latest un tethered jailbreak you could use JailbreakMe 3.0 for its easier to use jailbreak or redsn0w. any newer firmware 5.XX are tethered or semi-tethered, I would avoid using them jailbreak until there is a un tethered one.

I'm on the 5.0.1 Verizon. Thanks for the advice. Thought about playing around on an iPod as I wouldn't be as upset if I screwed that up. Lol so your advice is to wait due to unteather right?

I'm on the 5.0.1 Verizon. Thanks for the advice. Thought about playing around on an iPod as I wouldn't be as upset if I screwed that up. Lol so your advice is to wait due to unteather right?

well the jailbreak will never really damage your device, if you go wrong or make a mistake and see something not right on the screen or something that makes you panic you can always restore and start from scratch, this is why its always advised that you have a recent backup in itunes before attempting it especially if you are new to jailbreaking.

having said that I think you had the right idea to use the ipod touch for testing and you can really get used to how to jailbreak and once you do it a few times you can do it in your sleep so try it out on your ipod touch a few times.

with 5.0.1 you would use redsn0w and it is a tethered jailbreak, I dont know if you know the difference in un tethered and a tethered jailbreak but with a tethered jailbreak you would need to re-jailbreak the device every time you reboot it and it will sit there stuck at the apple logo until you jailbreak, I have never and will never use a tethered jailbreak even though I never really restart the device but some apps you install will automatically do that for you.

my advise is to wait for an un tethered jailbreak, there is one that is being released soon and just needs to be worked on so there is no bugs, you have waited this long to jailbreak, it wont harm you if you wait a little longer :) thats just imo and I know many will disagree with that but if you do find any app(s) that you love, you will find it hard to go back to a non jailbroken state.

Unleashed said:
well the jailbreak will never really damage your device, if you go wrong or make a mistake and see something not right on the screen or something that makes you panic you can always restore and start from scratch, this is why its always advised that you have a recent backup in itunes before attempting it especially if you are new to jailbreaking.

having said that I think you had the right idea to use the ipod touch for testing and you can really get used to how to jailbreak and once you do it a few times you can do it in your sleep so try it out on your ipod touch a few times.

with 5.0.1 you would use redsn0w and it is a tethered jailbreak, I dont know if you know the difference in un tethered and a tethered jailbreak but with a tethered jailbreak you would need to re-jailbreak the device every time you reboot it and it will sit there stuck at the apple logo until you jailbreak, I have never and will never use a tethered jailbreak even though I never really restart the device but some apps you install will automatically do that for you.

my advise is to wait for an un tethered jailbreak, there is one that is being released soon and just needs to be worked on so there is no bugs, you have waited this long to jailbreak, it wont harm you if you wait a little longer :) thats just imo and I know many will disagree with that but if you do find any app(s) that you love, you will find it hard to go back to a non jailbroken state.

What apps are those you mentioned above

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net