What's new

Thinking of Jailbreaking but are not sure?

Really? I thought its going to be available on 6.2?

6.0.2 is already un tethered jailbroken but the developers dont want to release the jailbreak yet because of the vulnerability they found is supposed to be really good and with 6.1 coming soon they dont want to waste it

Really? I thought its going to be available on 6.2?

Please use the proper reference to the iOS numbers so not to confuse people.

iOS 6.1 does NOT equal iOS 6.0.1

iOS 6.2 does NOT equal iOS 6.0.2

iOS 6.0.1 does NOT equal iOS 6.1

iOS 6.0.2 does NOT equal iOS 6.2

They're completely different iOS's, hence the reason why there's a '0' in the end of it.

You can jailbreak regardless of which way you got any iOS 6 on your device.

I update 6.1 via OTA
Can I still jailbreak?

Thanks

They advise against OTA because it can cause issues with the jailbreak. If you wanna play it safe, restore via iTunes before jail breaking.

Tapatalk'd from iPhone 4.

No there are no problems with the jailbreak if you restore OTA. The problem is that if you restore OTA you will not have the proper AP tickets

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 

No there are no problems with the jailbreak if you restore OTA. The problem is that if you restore OTA you will not have the proper AP tickets

Do what you want, but it has been said over and over that its a safer bet to use iTunes to update.

But not for the reason that you cannot jailbreak your device the reason why you have to restore using iTunes instead of OTA because if there is a we restore function for all Iowa six devices you will need the proper a P tickets to do so if you do not have the proper AP tickets to do so you will not be able to review store and you will be forced to upgrade to iOS that has nothing to do with a jailbreak directly

y4uzusys.jpg

Just saw this and thought I would do that. I don't have that much jailbreak experience, but this just seemed straightforward to me.

OTA or via iTunes... had absolutely no bearing on the Jailbreak process. Only has to do w/ possibly being able to downgrade and/or re-restore at a later time.

You can have a complete OTA-historic iPhone like my boss does and still jailbreak your device. All her updates were OTA since iOS 5.0.1, and she decides to jailbreak it now. I just jailbroke it for her 3 hours ago. The reason you save your blobs is for the downgrade and re-restore. This is a very clear fact for iPhone 4S and iPad 2 users when the re-restore function came out and 90% of the population did not have the proper APTickets because they did not restore from iTunes. This did not affect their jailbreaking ability, this affected their choice of iOS restoration ability.

What @pimskeks is warning us with that Tweet is that exactly. If you upgrade your iOS OTA, you APTickets will not match the ones necessary to take advantage of the re-restore feature, and if they don't match, you're FORCED to upgrade on devices like the 4S and 5, and the iPad 2, 3 and 4 because you cannot take advantage of the re-restore exploit without the proper APTickets. APTickets are another variation of blobs, they're not part of your system core that prevents you from jailbreaking, nor are they part of your hardware to keep your phone from being jailbroken. They're there for restoration purposes

Last edited:
hi guys, i dont know if this is the right section but here goes anyway, ive had my iphone 4s jailbroke since getting it and wanted to do the new jailbreak on it but as im still on 5.1.1 it tells me to upgrade to 6.1 before starting it. my main problem is that when it tried to do this my itunes says it also needs upgrading to itunes 11, but im currently running itunes 10 as i have previously gone to 11 but didnt like what they have done with it and prefer mine set up the way it was with itunes 10 so i downgraded back to 10 again. so what i would like to know is, if i upgrade again to itunes 11 then get 6.1 put on my iphone then jailbreak it. could i then downgrade back to itunes 10 and my iphone still work properly with the jailbreak, sync, etc? really a bit of a novice when it comes to all this stuff so appreciate all the help, thanks.

It will not sync properly since iOS 6 mandates iTunes 11 to run.

hi guys, i dont know if this is the right section but here goes anyway, ive had my iphone 4s jailbroke since getting it and wanted to do the new jailbreak on it but as im still on 5.1.1 it tells me to upgrade to 6.1 before starting it. my main problem is that when it tried to do this my itunes says it also needs upgrading to itunes 11, but im currently running itunes 10 as i have previously gone to 11 but didnt like what they have done with it and prefer mine set up the way it was with itunes 10 so i downgraded back to 10 again. so what i would like to know is, if i upgrade again to itunes 11 then get 6.1 put on my iphone then jailbreak it. could i then downgrade back to itunes 10 and my iphone still work properly with the jailbreak, sync, etc? really a bit of a novice when it comes to all this stuff so appreciate all the help, thanks.

If you take the time to work with iTunes 11 you can get it to look like the older iTunes 10 setup.

I tried and did manage to get majority of how I like it but it doesn't allow you to view the album cover and certain browse settings. Guess I'll have to just bite the bullet and do it if I want the new jail break.