What's new

Things I Dislike About My iPhone

DrumsOfGrohl

Staff member
Reaction score
iPhoneBW.jpg

I was awake last night thinking about, well, all kinds of things, including, for whatever reason, this forum. I think people are a little afraid of talking about, or posting about, how they really feel. Maybe I'm just projecting my own fears on to others, but I think I've always been afraid of saying anything bad about the iPhone (and Apple products in General). I think it might have to do with always having to defend my position against people who are devout Android or other name brand fanboys (and fangirls). How else are you supposed to respond when someone asks why you have an iPhone, iPad, Macbook, iPod, etc. Don't you know PCs are better for gaming? My Android is sooo customizable. Don't you hate that you need to buy all the expensive apple accessories, rather than being able to shop around for third-party accessories? Yada Yada Yada. You know what I'm talking about.

As a result of that, I often find myself backed in a corner, willing to say just about anything to "win" the argument. Apple products are the best! They're so slick, and simple, and pretty! Who cares if it bends in your pocket? Yeah, it glitches sometimes, but if its bad enough, they'll fix it for free at the Apple Store. Plus, who doesn't love going to the Apple Store? Yada.

I am not here bashing Apple. In fact, I still am a loyal customer, and I actually do really love my Apple products. But I also don't want to pretend they're not without their faults.

iPhoneWoodCase.jpg

I kind of just wanted to express the things I don't love about my iPhone. And I'm not here looking for people to say, "well, if you did X, you wouldn't have this problem," or "maybe next time you'll do this." I'm not looking for solutions. This is just me airing out my baggage. I don't believe I'm the only one in this boat, or rather, I'm just hoping I'm not about to have a thread full of people telling me that I should just shut up and get an Android or something. And to be honest, I'm sure some of my complaints are universal issues with any type of phone or other device. Again, I'm not looking for solutions, I just want to share my thoughts. I'm kind of hoping that this thread would be a safe place for people to simply complain about things they don't like about their phone, without being judged. Also keep in mind that everyone here is anonymous, and your Android loving buddy will not know any of the things you write here. And I promise I wont tell anyone ;)

I never know where to put my apps. Do they make it onto the home screen? Are they in a folder marked "junk" all the way on the last screen? What about the apps you don't use every day but still want quick access to, like Shazam or IMDB? I'm move my apps around all the time, because I'll notice that I don't ever need quick access to the App Store, for example, but its on my home page. So I move it. But then I forget where I put it, so I end up using Spotlight to search for it anyway. GAH. Also, do I fill each page all the way to the bottom? Or make it cleaner, but require more swipes to get to the lesser used apps?

I think its getting better, but the oh-so-quick-and-simple Apple Pay only works for me 7 out of 10 times. Maybe there's issues with the NFC terminals, or something else, but the convenience of Apple Pay is significantly diluted when it would have been faster to you my credit card. Also, I can't tell you how many times this has happened to me, but sometimes my phone will connect to a nearby internet, but the internet will require one of those Starbucks-like pop-ups in order to actually access it. This will cause my Apple Pay not to work, so I'll either have to shut my wifi off, or open up a Safari window just to connect. Only then will Apple Pay work.

I drop my phone. So much. Its ridiculous. I've probably bought 10 (glass) screen protectors in the last year. And I don't buy a new one until my fingers begin to get caught on the cracks. I have a pretty minimalist case on the back, and it's pretty slippery, so I know its contributing to the number of times I drop my phone, but I've dropped my phone countless times without a case, and also with much more durable cases with better grips. I know some of you swear that you never (or at least very rarely) drop your phone; do you just leave it in your pocket all day? Or on your desk or something? What's the secret?

I hate not able to access all the settings for an app FROM THE APP, because some of them are only in the Settings app. Some apps do have SOME settings in their app, but its kind of a guess which settings I can access from which app. I should be able to control my notifications for individual apps from BOTH the app and the Notification section of the Settings app.

Ummm... Parts of Apple Music. Not all of it. But a lot of it sucks. See my thread on that: Issues with Apple Music

I'm not sure where this fits in on this list, but the fact that everyone asks me for help on how to use their iPhone. I'm mostly talking to you, Mom. I'm happy to help when you can't figure something out, but, please, just Google it first. Every issue I've ever had to help with, I didn't know the answer to begin with. Then I Googled it. The answer is almost ALWAYS the first search result.

I'm sure I'll think of more, but thanks for listening.

What do you dislike about your iPhone?

(Anyone who says everything about their iPhone is perfect will get all of my narrowed-eyes of anger and energy directed at them for at least 4 seconds.)

Well I'll tell you this. This is my first iPhone and I love it. I have been a avid android user since they came out and yes android do have more free software and that's because their operating system is open source and more devs make programs for them. But I like the iPhone operating system and I think it's more secured than the Android system. So it is what it is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can't think of anything right off the top of my head, I will really have to think about it which to me means there can't be much if I have to rack my brain.

Is that a Dislike I see? :(
A dislike for not thinking hard enough. Come on: that its not water proof, that its expensive, that the colors are boring, that its too big, too small, too thick. Nothing? There's literally nothing you wish your phone could do better? That it doesn't fly? That there's not more cameras? or 3D?

The on/off button on the side of the 6S.
I commiserate with you here. I've gotten used to it, and I do understand it ergonomically, but I'm ready for them to do something better about that. Even after all this time with my iPhone 6, I still hit the lock button every once in a while when I'm taking a photo, or adjusting the volume.

A dislike for not thinking hard enough. Come on: that its not water proof, that its expensive, that the colors are boring, that its too big, too small, too thick. Nothing? There's literally nothing you wish your phone could do better? That it doesn't fly? That there's not more cameras? or 3D?
Well after giving it some thought I hate the fact that the starter storage is only 16GB, Should be 32 GB.
Doesn't bother me that it isn't waterproof, I never ever take my phone anywhere near a toilet :)
Price? Nope, don't mind that.

Still thinking.

Nope that's it, Just the storage, I like everything about iPhone so feel free to give me another Dislike.

Ok, I'll bite. First iPhone , iPhone 6s Plus. I was an android person from the start. Finally got fed up with the update process regardless of manufacturer. So here is one gripe. You can only set one schedule for Do Not Disturb. Really? Wouldn't it be nice to have a different DND schedule on the weekend.

'Ad Triarios Redisse'
Sent from my iPhone 6s Plus using Tapatalk

I get annoyed, when I purchase the very latest, ducks-nuts iPhone, only to hear Apple announcing, a newer and much better, ducks-nuts iPhone is coming! It does my head in! That's progress, I suppose.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm pretty happy with my 6S, but one complaint I have is - guess!

"Turning on Wi-Fi will improve location accuracy."

"Turning on Bluetooth will improve location accuracy." [emoji35][emoji851]

The on/off button on the side of the 6S.
Yes. Most definitely. They said we would get used to it. That the location was better for the larger size device. It's been 19 months, I still regularly click it by mistake and it's not easy for me to hit when I intend to, probably due to the size. I have a 6 +. But I wish the on off button had never moved

Yes. Most definitely. They said we would get used to it. That the location was better for the larger size device. It's been 19 months, I still regularly click it by mistake and it's not easy for me to hit when I intend to, probably due to the size. I have a 6 +. But I wish the on off button had never moved
I got used to it after about a week, I don't think anything of it now, I soon got used to keeping my fingers away from it.